Rotten's Pocket
@Izene thanks man :D yeah I flip and change when it comes to line weight. It delves more into the stylistic department so we all dabble.

@Artloader Heyyy, thanks. I did continue the drawing the other day so it's nearly done, but the leg foes look to be in the position you describe. I didn't change the shoulders like Amit suggested because looking at my reflection with the ribcage pointing up, the ridge of the clavicle is very pronounced. While I was at it I looked at the legs, which was tricky because I had to consider perspective from my own eyes looking at a mirror vs. Actual perspective looking at the pose. I should be able to update tomorrow.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Soooo many lines... Final drawing, just still adding lines digitally, all done for the body now onto feathers ( *sobs*). 
 Click Here For Image [font=arial, sans-serif]↓[/font]

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

(Cries) I don't wanna finish them anymore there's too many I'm dun.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Whoa, 

so I was just playing around with some weird plant designs and accidentally filled the negative space with the base sketch as texture instead of clearing any ambient texture... I like it...

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

OMG IT'S DONE

May or may not have gone the extra 
yard with the blood spatters instead of
body paint... So sue me...

Click Here For Image [font=arial, sans-serif]↓[/font]

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Awesome! Those feathers look fantastic RP! You painted them one by one? Wow.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Cheers man, and yeah, went about them a different way but basically the wings are all digital. Progress!

Aaaaaaand onto the next one...

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Jesus christ... How are your lines so precise? I will never in my life have the patience for that.  I also love your sense of aesthetic, kinda grotesque but at the same time pretty.
Rainbow 
@Vennsomn
Long hours of noodlin' around with a very fine mechanical pencil  Stupid 

And thankyou, I'm making note of every single reaction I get from my work. 
It's been helping me figure out what direction I'm going.

Okie Dokie - will need to rescan this, the details got severely fudged up somehow...

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Nyeeah I started to colour it but wasn't feeling it so
I might move on. Learnt with the Harpy not to 
spend too much time on one area or it makes it 
harder to balance the level of detail, so I've been t
rying to workvalue in, in passes, so that it looks 
consistent. Still, it's hard to integrate digital 
painting - even with a textured brush - with 
traditional pencil linework. I end up cheating and 
using a noise layer or two above it all to blend it a 
bit. Plus need to add a bit more content as far as 
backgrounds go. Asked for suggestions in discord 
and got a tangent discussion instead - but Meat did 
provide some good resources I might need to go 
back and revisit them. 

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Hey that's looking very nice RP :) her dress is especially well done.

Just a quick something I noticed on the lighting - it looks as if the lamp there is slightly behind the curtain - so if it was me I'd think about casting a shadow over her shoulder and head. Unless you have another light source off camera to the viewer's left somewhere?

Up to you though :).

Keep posting anyway!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I'm calling it a day with this one. Not feeling it anymore. Thinking  Work has me running on fumes again, having been called in again to work today.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Looks fucking rad. Dig the design on this last one. Nice and simple, but still reads as interesting.
*constant praise to your level of polish in traditional media*
Balancing an additional work life is always tough because if its not the primary thing you wanna do its fucking soul-sucking. Keeping on point with foundation health shit's, (e.g. sleep, food, exercise) important too as getting off the rails can really wipe out productivity. (I worked at a bar forever where that sort of thing is always under duress from external/internal pressure.) As pessimistic as it is, I think most jobs will take as much from you as they can without investing anything more that a paycheck in you; maybe consider finding another job? Jobs purpose is to provide resources, one of which is time (education, social connections, equity, lifestyle amenities, $)...or at least consider establishing clear boundaries with them and yourself about covering/on call shit. If they can't work with you, don't work with them and get another job that expects less if focusing on art is one of your primary aspirations.

Few thoughts to push,
Do you ever do small composition thumbs before hand, or do you just jump right into a character design and sort of make it work from there? How are you exercising the fundamental of the business side of art to transition it into something profitable to spot you/do you want that?
Mo Color. Can I haz it? O_o
[Image: 126064-kitten-can-I-has-it-cat-gif-Im-5rpY.gif]

Yes, boundaries. You are more important than them. Your time is the most important currency, don't give it to them easily, use it for yourself. Try another job or fight back. You matter more!

Great job on the last pieces!

@Heliux

Thanks man, I do make an effort these days to push a drawing as far as I think I can before going digital. It just makes everything that much more than if I only had a base sketch to go off. I am looking into my job options.

I don't do studies, compositions or thumbnails, or if I do it's very rarely and often never to completion. I start a thing and roll with it. Lately it's been bothering me a little, that no matter how much people like it I know it was never intentional and as to working professionally - I need to learn how to control and implement my skill so that it can be profitable. I'm still vague as to what area. I know this forum is primarily for concept artists, but I'm no concept artist... An illustrator maybe, a writer-slash-artist. Who knows bro.  Colour? mebe... We'll see...

@alexdanila

Appreciate the pep talk bro. Boundaries is actually a good word for it. A concept I really need to take under wing. I've had the talk with others about learning to say 'No' but often I do things because I enjoy them, it's just those I do them for often take it for granted and soon take advantage of it. Boundaries... I'll think on it.

----

Anywho, here's a sketch for my next (hopefully full colour Wink ) painting. Everyone's been commenting with gothic art nouveau, and macabre mucha so I figured fuck it. Embrace it. Lines n soft edges both, bruh. 

It's a new method. Watercolour paper, sketch, using graphite powder in places, matte medium and then some white oil paint which, when scanned, ads quite a bit of texture of its own. It'll be good to see how it turns out.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

I'm feelin' the texture here RP! That's a fascinating process you've got going there.

Good luck with the work thing and also the art job thing :).

CD Sketchbook

@Artloader
Thanks man. The work thing is getting interesting - new owner of the cafe is having a nervous break because her family isn't helping her and it's all overwhelming. It might be sold again soon. Other workplace, one person has quit since the last mention, and at this rate I think people are gonna walk. Could be jobless soon but kinda not bothered. On the art-job front, here's a thing and it's coloured ^^

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

sum life drawin'

Main focus was lighting and the finer details of anatomy. The model was great - not the usual generic marble-statue poses. Some were almost too difficult. I was struggling on the night though, fading after a long-ass day. definitely want to be more prepared for next session. Next time, worth doing warm up sketching beforehand.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Wanted to work on something as a warm up so I revisited this old piece, but then I got caught up on the face... It was mong to begin with and just don't know :-/

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Sooo... this is why I may not be able to do the CHOW in time... whomp whomp

Sketcherinos

Link Tree