Rotten's Pocket
Glad to see you maybe bringing in some studies-- They can be a great supplement to your work, as long as you try to bring them into your personal concepts-- Which is something I had a problem with. I was always study-study-study, but no personal work, no fooling around and having fun with it-- And I suffer now as a result. So, I think that it really is beneficial to have both, because choosing one over the other can leave you blind in a lot of areas.

But, keep it up! Your work's looking great and will no doubt show progress. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
I get the feeling digital won't be an issue for you :D
You can use textures on brushes in Krita - not sure if photoshop does that (been forever since I used it) but that might get rid of the smoothness you said you disliked - I quite like chalk and sponge brushes for that effect too.

@Bookend Thanks hun, I've definitely been thinking more about planning my drawing.

@Punk, I'm beginning to get a feel for it. 

Here's a thing:
 Click Here For Image [font=arial, sans-serif]↓[/font]

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Your thing is super cool. I dig it. Evocative expression, too.

Awesome!

great sketchbook, I really like the characters you create. Thumbs_up your digital sketches are good, seeing as though you are new to the concept of digital media. keep at it!  Happy

Really nice drawings! I'd love to see more of your stuff.

||SKETCHBOOK||. Bomb
Youtube Channel (Process, Tips on how to get work, etc...)
Thanks for the posts guys, I'm glad you all like it. I want to be posting more often, time allowing. I should focus on doing studies for that time.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Yay for the thing! I love the way you put down these values, yeesh! Yes, come back, post moar. Grin

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
My computer is FIXED! And now I can finally do stuff.

I basically have a new computer. The only old part of it is the Hard Drive. First the Power Supply went, then the case was too small for a new one, then the new case was too short for the old graphics card, then the motherboard was too old for the new graphics card. Ngh. Everytime we fixed something another issue arose and felt like forever to fix.

It spat the dummy the day the EDRocks classes started too. I know I've missed week 1 assignment but I hope I have time to catch up and keep up.

Here's something anyhow, after getting back online. Still a bit awkward with digital.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Another dabble in digital.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

awkward with digital??? Nice start then! Looking forward to your stuff when you get caught up! :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thanks Amit, I'll get my hustle on.

Yeah it's as you said, nowhere near as much control over line as with traditional. With pencil I can work with what I've already put down. With digital I have to be careful not to erase or cover up what I want to keep. It seems too independent from what I intend to draw and evolves into something else. If that makes any sense.

More practice after work. About an hour and a half.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

yeah. pro tip: If you are doing an illustration with digital, always keep your original sketches in a layer or something to check back on, for exactly that reason. It's way too easy to change things and f them up.
That head is fantastic, you're catching on so quick

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
@Amit 
Yeah that's what I thought, which means I have to start having a pretty clear idea of the finished product before I begin. I'm glad you think so.

@Sketch

Ah, only about this much:

Known of his work since eighth grade. Followed his technique for awhile. I try to avoid copying styles but he's definitely an aesthetic influence, along with Boris Vallejo and Chet Zar as my top three.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Got it.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

**sigh

So I thought I had all of yesterday morning to catch up on EDRocks. Ended up being called in five hours early but I missed the calls so when I saw 18 missed phonecalls, dropped everything and made the 25min walk into a 10min fecking bolt. And I leave soon to go do 9:00-6:00, which hopefully now that I'm prepared won't be as hard as late night closing last night when I was praying for a difficult customer to come in so I could throw them out. Working all day today then a wedding function tomorrow and then work again sunday.

Now that that's been vented, this is what's been done so far for the Notan studies. I've saved the template because as AD said, they're good practice (when I get the fdfdhjfg opportunity) and I already picked a few that could be explored further. I could have gotten them done sooner but I've been playing around with photoshop between every dozen that I did. I don't get long enough expanses of time to do it. Aaaah boy. Maybe I'll break a leg on the way to work and I'll be able to stay home and get to live off my S/A for a year while I hone my skills and become a professional and end up living off of art. Yeah, let's do that.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

I'm so behind on things it's laughable. 

Here's something I was fudging around with Thursday before I was yanked away. I realized I am nowhere near competent enough with digital to even attempt feathers so I'm calling it.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Wow, you are improving very fast; this page is noticeably different than your 1st.

Your characters are still quite a bit stiff but that's nothing a few thousand gesture drawings can't fix. Keep studying your anatomy so you can further beckon more of it's secrets at your will. That will allow you to foreshorten limbs, exaggerate the gestures of poses, and add variety to your concept designs.

On a side note, I can't wait to see what you gain from Amit's class. He's a beautiful gent.

Sketchbook 1   -    Sketchbook 2   -   Tumblr
Thanks Jaktraytr,

Time is often running away from me so it's good to know others see that progress. This is my first opportunity to be at my PC in two weeks, I've missed a lot of Amit's class but I'm glad it's open to everyone, not just this run. I think this is something I can only do in bursts right now. I made too many commitments all at once. The gestures are a reoccurring suggestion so I will make that a habit from now on. ;-)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree