back to drawing
hello everybody. i kind of started drawing again so i thought i should post my "creations" online for better motivation etc. i have a illustration i did two days ago and i didn't finish, and a crappy study i did this morning. took me about 4 hours to do that thing...  Sad . so here it is

Attached Files Image(s)

more stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

zombie thingie

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work. Keep going! Let's see moar varieties of studies! Grin

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
hello guys! last week at work was crazy so i had no time for drawing or painting. managed to pull this one off though. still can't give it a finished look.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice! I like the painterly look :D

Hey cool stuff! One thing i noticed your personal work has is overuse of black,try to apply the studies you do and avoid the multiply layer, my suggestion would be to some grayscale studies and try to observe how much stuff goes into absolute darkness. Keep up the good work!

Hey dude, welcome to the forums! Your stuff is pretty good, I like the painterly style a lot, it's something I'm trying to get too. I second what Hobitt said about the black, and I especially noticed it in the second post, in the painting of the knight with the lightning in the background. I'd recommend trying to do some color studies from paintings to try to figure out how they make dark values without using a lot of black. But keep going, and keep posting!

Really nice studies. I agree with hobbit too, get some of those nice values in there. Looking forward to seeing more

Your brushstrokes are incredible! One tip on making things look tighter/more rendered: instead of trying to render things wall to wall, every pore and follicle, try to pick your focal points better. Sargent is an excellent reference for this. If you haven't read it yet, a few pages in he talks about guiding sharper edges towards a focal point and mass control: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9fDHo2...IteTA/view

(08-29-2015, 04:35 PM)Punk-A-Cat Wrote: Very nice! I like the painterly look :D

thank you verry much :D
(08-29-2015, 06:13 PM)Hobitt Wrote: Hey cool stuff! One thing i noticed your personal work has is overuse of black,try to apply the studies you do and avoid the multiply layer, my suggestion would be to some grayscale studies and try to observe how much stuff goes into absolute darkness. Keep up the good work!
 thanks for the heads up dude. you're right. didn't realise how dark my stuff is... i'm gonna put more accent on value studies for a while.
(08-30-2015, 11:11 AM)ZombieChinchilla Wrote: Hey dude, welcome to the forums! Your stuff is pretty good, I like the painterly style a lot, it's something I'm trying to get too. I second what Hobitt said about the black, and I especially noticed it in the second post, in the painting of the knight with the lightning in the background. I'd recommend trying to do some color studies from paintings to try to figure out how they make dark values without using a lot of black. But keep going, and keep posting!

thanks man! actualy i've been takling with the idea of master studies for months now, but for some reason i allways end up not doing it :)  guess i don't feel ready or some stupid thing like that. but yeah.. i think tommorow it's on
(08-30-2015, 12:38 PM)CoreyH Wrote: Really nice studies. I agree with hobbit too, get some of those nice values in there. Looking forward to seeing more

thank you very much! totally gonna start taking values more seriously.
(08-30-2015, 01:37 PM)vlada Wrote: Your brushstrokes are incredible! One tip on making things look tighter/more rendered: instead of trying to render things wall to wall, every pore and follicle, try to pick your focal points better. Sargent is an excellent reference for this. If you haven't read it yet, a few pages in he talks about guiding sharper edges towards a focal point and mass control: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9fDHo2...IteTA/view

thank you very much for the appreciation and and the advice. that Sargent pdf looks awesome. gotta study that so bad!!
ok so i did this value study... i start to realise that my studies are not realy studies, but are more copying, mindlessly for the most part. so i plan to use my free days in a more organised way. i'll do the old study( really study) in the mornings, and apply what i 've learned in the afternoons. hope it's gonna be more effective.

Attached Files Image(s)

wow that nose... :(
Hello guys! i'm back with some new stuff. sadly i gave up on drawing and painting for a few months. actualy i kept doing that for the last eight years. i don't know what the hell is wrong with me...i work intensely for a few days, than completely stop for like two months.  whatever. i will post all the stuff i did since october or whatever month i last posted. opinions and critiques are welcomed. by the way... my english is not very good, especialy writing, so sorry for butchering grammar. i'm trying to get better.

Attached Files Image(s)

i'm working at another illustration right now... i'm using the top left big breast girl as a reference. actualy i kind of copied it exactly. bad thing i know. doing that actualy took the majority of fun out of the process of painting. but i did learned a few things. anyway i'll post it as soon as i finish
here's the illustration i was talking about. i don't know what more to do to it . if anybody has any sugestions about how i can improve it please let me know.

Attached Files Image(s)