May contain traces of Kawaii junk
Heart 
Hello, everyone!

I'm hesitant to start a sketchbook here because I never seem to keep them updated, but hey, what the heck.
I have a background as a manga-style artist but I'm trying to get into painting and semi-realism.
I really adore the works of Evan Lee, toiku (even though they're super creepy), and of course, everyone's favorite - Ilya Kuvshinov. Thumbs_up I have a long list of other artists that I love.... very long. I will spare it.

My life is sort of in a constant state of disarray, so it's hard to stay focused, but I will do my best. I really want to adopt a lifestyle that involves large amounts of studying and work being put out. I would like to do illustrations for games, but I also have a strong interest in product design; things like t-shirts, keychains and whatnot.

I'm obsessed with the appearance of figures and ball-joint dolls, so prepare for a lot of those.

I don't know what else to say D: Ugew!

Website | Tumblr | Sketchbook
Processed in a facility that also contains kawaii BS.

Anime figures ye
Trying to get that soft skin look.
(I hope someone gets the face reference....)

[Image: tumblr_ntj35loBsZ1t3nanko4_1280.png]
Today's doodles... didn't think about the black background, oops.

The only one I can see is the latest one, and even though I can barely see, it still looks cute, haha. Grin

Welcome to Crimson Daggers. Hopefully we can help keep you motivated to post in your sketchbook! Keep at it! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
I think I fixed the broken one, thank you for letting me know.

I keep forgetting to post things here... though they're nothing special anyway.

Still trying to establish a workflow. I think I should just forget about it, adjust my UI to get rid of some clutter and focus on actual study instead. Flow will come, I guess.

And one more. Trying to start with simple forms individually rather than a large mass then blend them together as I go. I think it helps a bit.

Very nice start for your SB, always nice to see someone interested in this art style here.
When doing this stuff the most difficult part imo is dealing with the lack of definite volumes on the model you are studying/modeling/painting, etc... thats why i like a lot what you are doing in the last post. I would definitely keep going in that direction.

I think you have a really nice grasp of form with the latest-- This is something that I actually struggle with, because I've done a lot more copying and focusing on accuracy over understanding the form and how it sits in 3 dimensional space.

So, it's nice to see that you've got a firm grasp on that, as well as the colour and values.

Because your work is in a specifically kawaii style, I think I have a responsibility to say that there's no harm in doing some other styles and trying out/studying from life as well, because it can definitely support/supplement your own style and work, and sense of understanding. I'm already assuming you do these, but haven't shown them, because of your advanced artistic understanding (as I see it.), but there's no harm in saying it, just in case you don't! Grin

That said, I really love your style and hope to see lots and lots more fun, pretty, kawaiiiiiiii stuff! Grin Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
I definitely want to see more o these :)

Great stuff HWAAAAAAHHH!!11!11 щ(ಠ益ಠщ)