Crimson CHOW #14 - The Color Wight WIPS
This may or may not be my final, since I won't have much time to work on it this weekend. I would have liked to do something with the background, but I'm still fairly happy with it.

[Image: colorwight%20copy_zpsbjatjt4i.png]

I also thought it was interesting because I was thinking about how the last time I participated in a CHoW challenge was when pnate did the first one. I looked back and found it was held almost exactly a year ago. Here was my entry: http://i.imgur.com/aAIY3T5.jpg?1

And then compared to now...

[Image: tumblr_inline_nrpqg6TBc61tx79n9_500.gif]

update! still wip tho
[Image: 14-WIP-4.jpg]
so i dabbled around with it yesterday. didnt achieve much and always felt limited by what i put down already. can't really change the design without hurting the painting and the painting doesnt really matter anyways. So I'll just scrap it here and start from scratch, focusing on the design this time. got a nice idea already!

Attached Files Image(s)

Sooo I took a completely different approach this time. I got 2 or 3 that I think have some potential. Will design them out with lines first, then render the final pick. Didn't stick to fantasy all the way this time, for blue i think it makes a lot of sense to be sci-fi-ish

Attached Files Image(s)

I picked 3 and drew them out. I'd like to do 3 more, but the deadline is getting closer so I'll better pick one and finish it. I'm actually kinda surprised how well my plan worked out. I wanted to have 3 distinct design languages within the silhouettes already (boxy, triangle-ly, organic) and then continue that within the secondary and tertiary shapes to get a consistent design. I also have 3 reference folders with a few images in each, 1 for each language/color. Pretty happy already! Too bad I suck at rendering, I'd love to turn these in and call it done lol.

Attached Files Image(s)