Environment Design Rocks!
Just some advancements I did during this days. I did another value piece (pretty proud of that waterfall there). Removed a bit of the spiky bit and added two vehicles down there to scale everything.

I will do the shadows of the spikes tonight, probably.

[Image: Fpz6WnK.png]

How is everyone going? :D

would you like me to improve? check my SKETCHBOOKKiss
Didn't get time to do any line sketches, i've been awfully busy here with a few projects as well. But I did get to watch the links as well as update the piece. I sorta matched the color scheme you provided in my critique, but I wonder if it's worth doing a few mood studies to see what fits the best?
Anywho, here it is:

[Image: 0PPOoQI.jpg]
Just a note to say keep going, and be sure to upload any new stuff by the end of Saturday NZ time this week. No strict and hard deadline, but I will be streaming either on Sunday or Monday this week, so don't leave it too late.

We seem to be getting more and more dropouts as we go on, but this is exactly when you should be digging in, so keep going!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Hey wasgodx: Here's a paintover comparison for you. I recorded some explanation of what I did. It is processing atm and will be uploaded to the week06 crits folder on the site and will be available relatively soon.

Amazing, thank you so much! I'll be working with the paintover then! :D

Have to post early, because tomorrow a friend will stay at my place and wel'll go to an artist meeting on saturday, so I want to be on the safe side. In case I finish some additional stuff I'll just add it later.

So this week was much better than the last. I had a ton of fun looking at different mecha stuff and after a page of evangelion studies I just wanted to start playing around with the designs. Unfortunately I was smart enough to close my silhouette file without saving because I was already half asleep, but in the end I went with the half-circle idea for the upper part which kind of excited me the most when I first scribbled it down in the sketchbook. I also lost some color stuff I already tried out, haha. Well. I haven't fully worked out the back and some details yet, but I guess it's good enough to work with it for now. The wings and the tail are not final yet and are an idea I'm playing with, because I'd like to give him the silhouette of a ray, somehow...won't play a role for the final pic here because the machine is kind of wrecked anyway. Thought of some new compositions with the new shape of the robo and kind of tried to do new value sketches as well.

[Image: cyprinus_week06_small_by_cyprinusfox-d9i4k94.jpg]

For Bigger Version Click here

I hope the file wasn't too big for the google page >__<"
I'm kind of mad at me that instead of trying out more shapes and silhouettes I went with one and detailed it a lot, but I was really into it, somehow. It was good to feel that excited about something I was doing, haven't felt that in a long time so I guess I was savouring it.

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook
@wasgodx: No probs ^^
Shazaam Caro! Nice update...clearly pushing through the funk. Great stuff :)

I didnt get as much done as Id liked to this week. The holidays really screwed me up. Just gonna show what I got even though its not much different.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys... blah, blah, blah
Sorry, i'm in a hurry now, so i'm just posting this week's progress on my WIP.

[Image: AumesRonoy_week07.jpg]

Cheers

ps: KEEP IT UP!!! :)
I've had a really shitty last week, so I have been too distracted to get anything done, so here is what I have. It's hard getting things done when you are depressed and sick. Sorry, feel like I've let you down.

This week was lineart week for me. Designing is fun!

Oh man, great stuff people, I'm loving seeing people take crit and improving their stuff all around!

@Twilight: Man, I know how hard it gets. I've actually been having a tougher time (unrelated to art) of late and it can really be hard and feel like you are struggling to do anything good when you are down. Let me just say that you aren't letting me down at all! Quite the opposite, I think you've done a great job with the values and the comp. It really is solid, I struggle to find anything to say on those things, so once you start to feel better the next stages should be much smoother because you've done a lot of the hard work already! No stress no worries. :)

Also as I think I said before, I'm very happy for you guys to email/message me any time, and I can still provide crits to you guys well after I officially "stop" the course. I will always be open to helping you guys with finalising your pieces afterwards! I really want to see you get a kickass piece out of this whole thing!

Looking good guys!

My output this week is pretty reduced because I've been travelling to visit family for Thanksgiving this week, but I got a bit done at least on ye olde super slow laptop. Should be back to full speed next week.

Quick shot at comp for the barn piece based on Amit's suggestions (basically just copying from the crit, heh) and a couple more ideas for taxidermist shop. Not really fleshed out as well as I'd like but hopefully enough to get the idea across. 

The taxidermist is teaching me that scenes with tons of clutter and random objects are hard to sketch out even to a basic level! It also seems to make it harder for me to get started with a notan thumb (as opposed to a linework thumb with no lighting) which I think is making it harder for me to get a good lighting scheme that ties into the comp. Dunno what the solution is there; maybe I'm just overthinking it or the issue is that I don't have a great visual library for the "architecture" and shapes of the shelving and clutter in the shop.

[Image: np3urTo.png]

Come tell me how to fix stuff in my sketchbook: Broadway's Sketchbook
Working with the crit that Amit gave me. I'll try to keep working on the composition and less on the texturing or details.

Great job everywone. @Broadway, I love your way of iluminating!

[Image: ELfpCzo.png]

Hey thanks wasgodx, your ice fortress is looking great too, you've made crazy progress! You're really starting to get a great sense of scale and I dig the tower design too.

Come tell me how to fix stuff in my sketchbook: Broadway's Sketchbook
My work this week so far seems to have consisted mostly of taking back a lot of what I did last week, removing too big treees in the background, removing some trees in the foreground to make the hills visible again, lightening the shadow values on the plane. I wanted to do some studies on the trees, but didn't get to it yet. I tried adding some blurry branches to the foreground, but I'm not sure I like it. There's not much point showing the pic, because there's nothing new really.

I unfortunately had a pretty stressful week and didn't work on this as much as I would have liked to. But I think I have my greyscale painting mostly done. I will need to do the lighting and color, but I'm somewhat at a loss because the references I'm using are so desaturated that doing any color makes it look weird. I'll deal with it next week, I guess.

[Image: zombiechinchilla_week06%20copy_zpso1y8nb0f.png]

Olooriel: Sorry to hear you didn't feel like you made much progress. This is sometimes the reality of the game, in that we have to be ready to scrap things, go backwards or redo things, because the process isn't always so linear. I think it is an important lesson, but I know it isn't an easy one when it feels like no progress is being made.

Most online courses will never ask you to redo work because there often isn't enough time, but I will harp on about redoing certain things only when it will become very important to the final outcome and because this is the reality when you are getting paid by a client. :)

Overall you have my crits so you are ready to take your piece into colour and rendering and begin the climb towards the final summit.  We can tweak things as we go and you will feel less stagnated! Keep it up, I want to see you finish this! :)

For everyone else, I am probably going to record crits this time because we only have a handful of submitters.

All you guys still submitting are the tigers! Don't put yourselves down, because you have the will to survive. Comb your mullets, grab your berets, walk purposefully into an uncertain future with your heads held up high, a steely glint in your gaze into the distance. RISE UP!

And..if you're more street.
Those moves.....

Let's put some motivation music!

Put yours as well guys!