Inktober 2015
Vlada Thanks for the encouragement! After working on something for a few hours what seemed funny / cute in the beginning starts to feel stupid and I get self conscious that it's no good. Thanks for the feedback, gives me motivation to finish them. I like your style too, are they some kind of specific mythology / folk lore or just spooky stuff from your mind?

Lurch That is super clean and tight! Like some kind of manga artist. You have a great hand!

Jones Welcome dude ^^

Didn't have time to finish my second panel (will do that tomorrow), then ran out of time doing this one /sighs - guess it's a WIP and I will finish it another day.

[Image: FMWpNlJ.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Jyonny! Thanks for starting Inktober here this year!
Punky, Lurch, JJ Aaron,  good to see you here!
Lodratio, long time no see!
Hi Foxflake, love seeing inky still life from observation!
Hi vlada, your theme sounds cool!
Smrr, that looks bad-ass!
Jonesoda, yoyoyo! That pirate-merchant-of-venice looks really cool!

Focus.
Yo meat. Yeah, consistency is one of those things that's always been a bit of a problem for me. I'll try my hardest to post daily for inktober though!

vlad:  Thanks man. Giving the things you draw personality is the most important thing after technical proficiency. Your styles looking pretty good!

Punk-A-Cat: That's  cute dog!

Attached Files Image(s)

I couldn't take the photos for days 1 and 2. So I'm updating it now. Days 1 2 3. Desert punk... ahh 

thanks jyonny.

love that last character iamorim.

today I tried to stick with my vague theme and do vampire stuff, these were originally across two pages so I hope it's not cheating to paste them all onto one.

let's not mention the garlic!

edit - inked some more shadows in.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really loving everyones work - some very clean and graphic, others super loose and gestural... it's awesome and inspiring :D Keep it up everyone!
Day 4 - Chimera
[Image: oct_04_15_by_punk_a_cat-d9bvssf.jpg]

I agree! So much different stuff coming out!

Lodratio Forgot to respond to your comment before, thanks for that, glad it reads well as it is.

I didn't get much time again today so just a generic tree type shape. Tomorrow will finish my comic panel for sure.

[Image: tjF5QEo.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Today was my brothers birthday.
I gave him MGS3D as a present.
My drawings don't reflect any of that.

Also, hey iamori

Attached Files Image(s)

went for some more horror movie weapons today.

Attached Files Image(s)

thanks lurch. it is from dragon ball z.
#4 alpha! 

[Image: oct_05_15_by_punk_a_cat-d9c0qn2.jpg]

Punk a cat Really comes to life with the value / strong light source on it! great one.

My second comic panel, didn't get time to hatch it which should bring it to life a bit more, will do that tomorrow. This was my 4th attempt at inking it, kept screwing stuff up.

[Image: 6lgoYck.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
iamori: Shadows are looking good in this one, but I think you could be even bolder in some areas. Don't be afraid of having large areas of shadow. 
Punk-A-Cat: Did you ref the statue of liberty for that Medusa?

Attached Files Image(s)

went for biro today.

Attached Files Image(s)

woops!
I keep forgetting to updatos!

Korra fanart continues! <3
pls send help, brushpen spoopy.

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
don't stop guys <3
playing catch up is tough - 
we need to complete this challenge 
because we're Crimson Daggers!

<corny> JUST... JUST T-TAKE MY HAND AND I'LL HELP YOU THROUGH-! LMAO </corny>

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Lodratio Cool mechs, that first one (top left) has a great pose / gesture.
Lurch So precise with those details! they look great.
Smrr You're stuff is so dynamic and loose but solid at the same time. Have you read Framed Ink? Reminds me of how that guy draws.

My third panel for my 4 panel comic. Wish I hadn't tried to do shine marks coming from the star, looks rubbish XD but so well. (duh... realised I can just ink over it). Still Looks like something my three year old would bring home from school but meh, it was a kind of experiment.

[Image: rtBMhsI.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Thanks jyonny, I'm kinda envious of that nice loose style everyone else has!

Hey you could add spatter into that piece, toothbrush and white ink would look cool, or watered down black onto the planet?

Just don't kill me if you don't like it!

Sorry, I've been preoccupied with spatter since Punk-A-Cat used it earlier, plus I watched a Ralph Steadman documentary and he had this crazy blowpipe thing that sprayed ink everywhere.

Tried weapons today, they're crazy complex, I wanted to draw a hearse but I pooped myself and ran away screaming.

Attached Files Image(s)

I feel like I'm getting more comfortable with this.

smr: The hair in that last figure has a really nice flow to it.

lurch: I think part of it is just your subject matter. Not a whole lot you can do to give objects made up of basic geometric shapes weight or gesture, other than leave some areas implied and have some dents or cracks to make things feel at least  somewhat alive. Basically, you gotta leave some room for organic shapes in there. I'd love to see you draw some mechs/fantasy machinery with that level of accuracy though.

JyonnyNovice: Thanks bru. Wait.. this is the third pannel? I'm confused.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yesterdays.. Harpie... (I had written Gorgon, so awake when I posted that! - Gorgon was the day before?)
[Image: oct_06_15_by_punk_a_cat-d9c6kvk.jpg]

@Lod, no, I'm not sure I could even tell you what the statue of liberty looks like... :) This was taken from a figure drawing I'd done on pixelovely.. hence the anatomy mistakes.. draw your own drawing, compound the mistakes! weeeeeeee!

Man I'm so blown away by everyones work!

And todays effort - Hippocampi
[Image: oct_07_15_by_punk_a_cat-d9c8mo2.jpg]