Di-Dorval's Sketchbook
Hi!

I started drawing a bit more about a year ago and I made some progress I think heh. Anyways heres my first digital drawing from a year ago!

Attached Files Image(s)

Also want to add some older paintings I did like three to five months after I started (from older to more recent) (first one is a study!):
[Image: etude_photo_by_di_dorval-d7tjwr3.jpg]
[Image: monster_hat_by_di_dorval-d84rwxq.jpg]
[Image: gold_knight_by_di_dorval-d85qb61.jpg]
[Image: city_view_by_di_dorval-d86o4xo.jpg]
[Image: dragon_by_di_dorval-d889fgi.jpg]
[Image: imperatrice_by_di_dorval-d8ax4tf.jpg]
And heres a few newer ones I like most. I mostly want to post new stuff but just felt like posting drawings showing my progress. I'm focusing on drawing and design atm (also in recency order)..
[Image: leila_et_billy_by_di_dorval-d8cs209.jpg]
[Image: bernard_by_di_dorval-d8dctan.jpg]
[Image: monster_armor_dude_by_di_dorval-d8mk5lz.jpg]

[Image: meat_dress_lady_by_di_dorval-d8nmyzo.jpg][Image: girl_by_di_dorval-d8w94jf.jpg]
I'm not looking on critique on the paintings they are too old heh. But I would definitely enjoy critique and tips on the last two lineart drawings!

For more of my older stuff I mainly post them on my deviant art: http://di-dorval.deviantart.com/gallery/
Hey, welcome!

I'm particularly fond of your creature design, floaty grub and torso maws. I don't normally do much lineart but I often comment on the use of line weight to imply depth. I think you've used it appropriately.

Execution is one thing, content another, I look forward to seeing your recent work =D

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Great progress from that first one, and welcome to the forum! :)

(11-10-2015, 10:58 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Hey, welcome!

I'm particularly fond of your creature design, floaty grub and torso maws. I don't normally do much lineart but I often comment on the use of line weight to imply depth. I think you've used it appropriately.

Execution is one thing, content another, I look forward to seeing your recent work =D

I'm super slow but hopefully that will improve over time and yea torso maw is my current favorite even though I've done it a good while ago.  ... Saw your gallery.. your lines are great!
(11-11-2015, 04:37 AM)-echo- Wrote: Great progress from that first one, and welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks! I thought this forum was dead since all pro talk about it in the past tense but it seems pretty active!
Worked on and off on this guy.. I get wayyy too easily distracted it's a big issue.. Need to work on that.

[Image: _02_by_di_dorval-d9gyoj4.jpg]
Hi! Great progress! Your lineart and designs look really nice.
Hey welcome to the forum and great characters!

Thanks both of you!

Might has well post some of my notes I took while listening to Charles Hu Gnomon stuff. Thoses aren't studies just notes I took while listening so its messy.

Also body proportions stuff from Loomis.

Attached Files Image(s)