AChi's sketchbook~
(06-10-2016, 05:50 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Your line sketches are really good, however something is lost when you do a painting of a character. Do you actually start with lines or stright away with painitng?

The line sketches are copies from existing picture/ photo. The one above is started from abstract random brush strokes. I actually have no idea what it will become,just trying to dig something out for the mess...I know I should work on more details or anatomical aspects later?

After a long time disappearance...and now I finish the final exam and back to daily (hopefully) practice.

This is a quick simple idea to warm up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

I love your environments keep up the good work!

(06-30-2016, 06:35 AM)desirulz123 Wrote: I love your environments keep up the good work!

thanks mate! I will try to keep it up and do more practice if I can. Thumbs_up

another photo study.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

photo study

Attached Files Image(s)

study

Attached Files Image(s)

Great sketchbook AChi. I love your environments. Do you bother with perspective construction or do you just do it straight from your head?

Keep going - looking good so far :)

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(07-04-2016, 06:34 AM)Artloader Wrote: Great sketchbook AChi.  I love your environments.  Do you bother with perspective construction or do you just do it straight from your head?

Keep going - looking good so far :)

Thank you Artloader! Most of these "studies" are done from photographs. so I dont need to think about perspective think myself. The point of doing these studies is to learn composition and colors and I can do these practice in a relative short time (30-40min). There are also some works I did from a blank paper and in that case I do need to consider about perspective things and it will take lots of time (eg. my submissions for CC).

I used to worry about perspective alot but after taking Jama's course I think it's not necessary to get perfect perspective, normally our eyes and brain will find out the "comfortable" perspective. If you can't find the problem, just leave it there and come back later then you will see what's wrong.

Attached Files Image(s)

160707-160709

Attached Files Image(s)

start working on CC5 Thumbs_up

Attached Files Image(s)

All those landscapes design are really dope! I really like those little thumbnail sketches you did. Also cool to see you do the CC. Meet me in the pit then! Hahaha
(07-11-2016, 06:25 PM)Zipfelzeus Wrote: All those landscapes design are really dope! I really like those little thumbnail sketches you did. Also cool to see you do the CC. Meet me in the pit then! Hahaha

Thanks Zip! I missed out CC3&5 due to Uni studies and work, and now I finally get holiday to do CC5!
It's good to have deadline and see so many people are working on the same project Thumbs_up

photo study~

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

These ink studies are really cool! Maybe try rendering some of them. Could be a better way to do sketches for you rather than starting with values.

(07-20-2016, 04:39 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: These ink studies are really cool! Maybe try rendering some of them. Could be a better way to do sketches for you rather than starting with values.

Thank you for the advice, Piotr! I did those ink sketches from a book but when I have to "create" an image in my mind I can't generate ideas by starting from lines... I can only start with some random colour blocks then try to find some stories from those random shapes. Sad