Today's plans changed a little since I got too invested in this sculpture study
[Image: bHsOjv2.png]

But I did some figure sketches too!
[Image: BdO8PBD.png]

[Image: FMbMsYb.png]

find my embarrassing old art in my blog
Today was a day of silhouettes and thumbnail sketching
[Image: WF5xVse.png]
Drawing capes on a figure is a good way to avoid actually drawing a big part of the silhouette :'D

[Image: JB0tSjo.png]
Some random ideas to try and practice those figures and some composition and different perspectives, I definitely need to do it more!

Tomorrow's the last day of figure/anatomy week and I've studied consistently every single day this month, it's a great start  Thumbs_up

Really nice sketchbook here Janet :).

I love your armour studies and your figure sketches look great.

Studying the skeleton is great for when you get around to studying the muscles and how they hang off the bones. A great exercise I sometimes do is to take a photo of a figure and see if I can sketch in where I think the bones are - I make sure I have an anatomy book with me though since my knowledge usually runs out pretty quick. Maybe give that a try next time you get around to studying anatomy?

How do you do your silhouettes by the way - do you sketch in a figure and then just block it in with black paint? Or do you just go straight to blocking in?

Keep up the hard work anyway :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(09-08-2016, 08:36 AM)Artloader Wrote: Really nice sketchbook here Janet :).

I love your armour studies and your figure sketches look great.

Studying the skeleton is great for when you get around to studying the muscles and how they hang off the bones.  A great exercise I sometimes do is to take a photo of a figure and see if I can sketch in where I think the bones are - I make sure I have an anatomy book with me though since my knowledge usually runs out pretty quick.  Maybe give that a try next time you get around to studying anatomy?

How do you do your silhouettes by the way - do you sketch in a figure and then just block it in with black paint?  Or do you just go straight to blocking in?

Keep up the hard work anyway :).
Thank you so much! I'm trying hard to keep up my daily study streak, this great community helps a lot c:

I think that's a great idea, I'm gonna try and do that tomorrow! I did it with muscles and man, it's really hard to identify them from photo from different angles even though I've JUST finished studying that same place, haha... I was planning on starting a week of environments from today but it feels really bad to put anatomy aside when I've only scratched the surface of it, so I'll keep chewing at it whenever I can :P

I sketched the preliminary figure, blocked in the shape and then carved off some inconsistencies and cleaned the lines, it definitely got easier the more I did it, I took much less time on the last one than the first one!

And I'll sure keep it up, thanks to all you awesome daggers In love

Yesterday I decided to actually *paint* an original idea and use a little bit of the knowledge I've gained, I've always wanted to paint Sonya from Diablo, I sort of left it unfinished since I didn't quite like it very deep into the painting... argh!

[Image: GgFh1Xk.jpg]
I found the idea of her orange hair and the treasure goblin's blue quite appealing but I think I've reached a part where my messy technique is botching my desired outcomes. I need to get over my uncertainty and learn to put down the details in the sketching part! Maybe drawing both characters individually beforehand might help... I won't give up on this, I enjoy the idea too much :P

Today I've been sick but I still wanted to get my hours in and took it really easy with some light anatomy sketching and relaxing environments c:

[Image: b6umzp1.png]
[Image: DRpISzh.png]
[Image: jSU6qWU.png]

Yesterday I did some bones drawing over photo but I'm not particularly happy with those, I think I need to familiarize myself more with different angles, hmm...

[Image: Szr4CYi.png]
[Image: bHV6DYf.png]
I'll spend more time with anatomy books!

But I also did some environments like I should, plus random warm up sketches this morning!
[Image: GoDL85Z.png]
[Image: 2BQEdL0.png]
[Image: ywcuZia.png]
[Image: qk8uTUO.png]
Need to remember to sometimes actually draw the things I want to as well :P

draw only things you want to ;) then figure out how to learn them fundamentals while doing those things you want to draw ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]