Jon's CC1 WIP
I'm Gonna go for Arya stark redesigned into a cyberpunk world. 

Have an already in my head of what I want but need to do some idea generation and thumbnails to really nail down an idea and what needs to be studied for the illustration. 

* I will update this thread later with idea generation and exploration, thumbnails etc as i have to go to my day job quite soon. Collect a bit of reference before then :).

Thats a good call, flesh out the idea and the items/armor the character has and write it down, then you have a list which to hunt down the reference.

Thanks cracked.

Collected a ton of reference should be good now, just need a few wolf images.

Some thumbs for comp and smoe vehicle thumbs. Gonna go with comp number 2.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Jon, nice one. I find the thumbs a little hard to read, but I think I prefer the first if it is what I imagine. 3pt perspective looking up at huge buildings going off screen. Characters arranged on rooftops/against walls? I think it feels way more impressive though I don't know exactly what is going on with the character/foreground to tell. Also being closer to a building there is a chance of putting in a nice nod in terms of that graffitti idea. Love it. Winter is coming cyber graf. :)
Is the cop droid going to be a lannister droid? That would be cool.

Anyway whatever you pick good luck!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thanks Amit, I see what you're saying, and the 3 point perspective is much more interesting visually to look at. The character is against the wall with the wolf in most of the thumbs (they are just black scribbles for placement, my thumbs are quite messy lol), taking on board your comment I'm going to do some more thumbs with 3 point perspective.

I hadn't actually thought about making car thing something along those lines I was trying to fit it in using a nod to the throne with the 'spikes', so making it a lannister vehicle could be a much better idea.

Thanks for the feedback Amit, it really helped a lot.

Hey Jon, nice to see you again. I wonder if a wider compositon worked better for this idea. Winter is coming graffiti is an awesome idea.

Keep this up!

definitely interesting! arya is a character that would blend very well in a cyberpunk setting.
Like amit said, those thumbs a bit hard to read from the outside, but as long as you can use them to start developing your idea.
Also +1 for the winter is coming graffiti!

Maybe pick a pre-existing cyberpunk world to use as reference so you can add in details to make it look more real and lived in without having to do it all from your head. Looking forward to see it progress ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Hi Piotr, Good to see you again to, thanks to you and Amit for running these great challenges. I have experminted with the landscape  thumbnails and camera angle a bit and I think the idea does work better in this setting especially as it brings more focus onto the character, so thanks for push to experiment with that. 

Eduardo yeah the thumbs are very rough, mainly just for me to work out the comp and the idea.

Hi Jyonny, thanks for the feedback, I am taking cues from the reference I have gathered but I didn't want to use a pre-existing world though, it doesn't need to be to complex as the design of the world is secondary to the character as she is the focal point.

Gonna go with thumb 12 or 14.

And thanks for the confirmation on the graffiti on the wall!

Attached Files Image(s)

Some colour/lighting studies and character design thumbnails. 

With the muted blues and greens I should really be able to use lighting and colour saturation to my advantage to really hone the focus in on the character design in the illustration keep the sci-fi setting and make the city the secondary focus.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice quick studies, and got some good info out. I like K. Feels a bit more "together" for lack of a more critique-y word. haha maybe I do have a career as an AD ahead of me :P

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
lol Thanks Amit, C was my favourite but I def agree with K looking more together, I got what you meant so no problem there, and I'm sure if you ever did become an AD you'd do a great job :).

This is my final rough thumb with a cleaned up perspective and very rough placement of things in perspective. next to do some clean line work over the top of this thumb then ready for painting. I want to have this scene at night in wet/rainy type weather, so will also do a sphere study to get a feel for that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh and the spikey thing on top of the car is not the light, it will be the silhouette of the Game of thrones throne, trying to incorporate another design element into the illustration to link it some more.

water on skin study and notes

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice studies, should look awesome in your final.

Thanks brush!

some very quick value comps.

Attached Files Image(s)

Disappointed I didn't manage to finish in time, got to prob between 40-50 percent done, but still learned along the way and I will post the image here and probably work on finishing it off. On to the next challenge.

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a bit of a pity but no worries, you gained some experience and you still have a week to finish this before the next challenge is announced :)