Matt's CC WIP
[Image: kdj3Nhi.jpg]
I, in no way, have given myself enough time for this! But We'll see how far I can fire off before the deadline! Go go team go go!
Nice start, you should be able to make it if you keep going like this.

The shield design is a nice idea..beetle on a leaf. Great. I like the material and pallette a lot, if you can pull it off the iridescence in some of the materials could be quite cool. Just keep in mind the GoT world is pretty gritty, so try and incorporate that in somehow.

The design of your knight(?), is heading in a good direction and feels quite fitting in the GoT world. It needs another pass to tighten up and make some things clearer. It might help to think about the actual character here, maybe there is some backstory to give it a uniqueness more than just a random knight of the house. Either way keep pushing it!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Good job! I like the design of the armor and the shield. Also, good choice contrasting matte vs gold.

[Image: 4zMKqQr.jpg]
Color study to help find the mood I'm looking for.
I think for a house with the motto "Spring is Coming" with the beetle and the nature themes, is likely a house from sothern westeros, like Dorn or Tyrells, which are noticably warmer in terms of color, emotion, and climate. 
I'm mostly worried that if it's not cold and bleak, people won't think it is Game of Thrones.
My  goal is to have a castle behind him, as well as some faded out mountains in the background. He will be carrying his helment under his arm, and the goal will be to convey a feeling of strength and optimism.
Great lighting study. Simple but effective. I like how you are thinking about colour as a way of getting across the concept and the feel of the character and the house. Colour is so powerful when applied in this way. The balance of keeping it recognizable within the GoT world is a real one to find, so perhaps analyzing colour palettes of the various lands you mentioned, would help you figure out how palettes are used across the show. Definitely the warmer climes can be bright and lush from memory, if a little sun-bleached, so if that is what you are pushing it can work, as long as the design helps it along! Keep it pumping man.

[Image: niqidWug.jpg]
Here's where this is going. The value range is a little muted relative to the final, things are going to get a bit punchier as it gets finished. also: gotta get some reference for that face...
I like the colors, the design is really nice as well. As for the backgroud, it may look a little too high fantasy for GoT.

Hey, this looks pretty awesome, love how you incorporated the beetle theme into the design.

Looking good! Reminds me of Justin Sweet with the colors, and I like the designs here.
I would say the pose is unbalanced, however; paint-over below to show what I mean

As others said nice, colours and design. Some areas feel a tiny bit flat in the figure, (when the figure forms recede and around the legs) so try and keep the sense of volume across the figure as consistent for the perspective as you can.
Is that gonna be Alex? haha. Carry on!

[Image: ZJ1dITs.jpg]
coming along, mostly just need to finish the head and right arm. After that, I'ts just going to be going over it and doing tiny tweaks, which is good since the deadline is RIGHT UPON US!
oohhhh looking good! I really like the shield :)
As Amit Dutta said, try to keep the sense of volume consistent
Keep up the awesomeness! :D
Looking great ! play around with soft edges too.

Looking good, awesome design. One thing I want to add, maybe you can use more saturated/strong colors on the character. It would create a contrast with the soft background so he would pop up even more.

[Image: hp8mEcc.jpg]
Hmmph, almost done, just need to make the face look better, and do some fucking-with-it once the head is complete...
Looking good! I really like the shield and the armor. Composition wise I wouldn't have placed him right in the middle I think. Or more to the left of the picture and him facing the castle or more towards to castle but in this position. Maybe for next time, try to have your characters looking into the picture instead of out :)

Great stuff man,cool values,colors,nice design,looks good!;)
Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this, I definitely had to do this in less time than I was used to, and I think I learned a lot from it.
wow great stuff Matt C, great rendering skills and very detailed