Cintiq Alternative
hey guys, is anyone here using other tablets aside from wacom? 
also is there a tablet you can recommend that can be an alternative to the cintiqs?

I think it will take me 10 freakin' years to save up for the current cintiq ones hahaha 
I can probably afford cintiq 13 but that will still take me a long time to save up. 
but what do you think? is it worth it? or is there anything better?

I'd really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you in advance! :D
Hello Rshin,

Just in case you haven't read this yet, you might want to take a look. http://www.parkablogs.com/content/which-...t-buy-2015

Quote:is it worth it?
I haven't used a Cintiq, not even for a test drive. But, here's what I've heard from an artist acquaintance I know.

I heard him say his monitor and tablet combo was a better option to work on than the 13HD. The zooming in and out of the 13, because it was too small, threw him off his rhythm. His monitor was big enough that he didn't need to do that.

It is quite annoying to work on a small space. I have a 20-inch monitor I absolutely adore but sometimes I think it's too small because I kept zooming in and out.

All the best Rshin! Keep me posted on your findings!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
If you want a cheap cintique alternative I can recommend the yiynova 22U+. The screen glass is a bit thicker than a cintiques, but it's not too noticeable and while the pen you get with it initially is really cheap, when mine broke after a couple weeks I got a much sturdier one that felt nicer as a replacement thanks to the warranty. It's not perfect, but it is a good buy for the price imo.

However, I've been using my old bamboo for painting on the go recently, and I gotta say that it actually has some advantages over the yiynova. It has some grip, the small surface size means that I can work with really broad, sweeping strokes, and having the drawing surface on my lap is just much more comfortable than drawing on a screen sitting on a table in front of me. If you still have an old small tablet lying around you might want to give it a try. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results you get with it.

If you get a yiynova or any tablet monitor I highly recommend getting a monitor arm so you can position it over your lap. I got an Ergotron LX and its soooooooooo much better than using it on a table in front of me. Fair warning though, I bought the yiynova msp19u a year and half ago and the VGA cable (which is not detachable from the monitor) lost connection. The cord is so short that I had it stretched and cranked at an angle in order to position it over my lap. The warranty is only good for one year too so I basic ate the cost of it.

Over all the yiynova is workable but you get what you pay for with such a cheaper brand. The screen is highly reflective and can be a pain to see whats on your screen if the have direct light coming in at the screen. The drivers are probably as bad as wacom drivers. I had to use PS alternatives because it seems only the newest versions of PS are supported. And if you have a funky dual hard drive setup with a SSD as the boot drive and a slave drive for storage like me the installation of the drivers is a pain in the ass.