Zorrentos CC3 wip
Greetings daggers. Finally I have time to participate in a crimson Crucible. I wanted to do the last two as well (and im gonna do them at some point just for fun/practice even though the contest is over), but due to other work, I was too busy. 

However, I think that this time, I will be able to do it  Thumbs_up

I have done some artworks of my character. Inspiration is kurdish/arab/berber girls and such. Not 100% sure of witch design to use atm:

[Image: Irwkfdz.jpg]

I then started doing studies of the pillars and temple design. Im thinking something babylonial/persian/egyptian or such.

[Image: iUS7K2l.jpg]

I also started doing some thumbnails. I refined this one a bit more. Basic composition (Rule of thirds, use stones and such to lead eye. The girl is main focal point etc): 

[Image: 2UAKF50.jpg]

More stuff very soon
I tested out some diffirent angles by blockmeshing a very rouch landscape in Maya. Will post a more refined blockmesh hopefully tomorrow. Im planning on doing this picture by doing it in 3d and then painting over it.

[Image: HM76u4K.jpg]

[Image: wehRk91.jpg]

[Image: hAE2f11.jpg]
Welcome to the challenge, looking forward to the finished one!

Welcome! Very nice sketches, design looks solid but I'd personally work more on the pose of the girl. Great to see more 3D base models in this challenge. Good luck!

Awesome sketches, love your lineart, faces and clothes design!
And thumbs up for using 3d :)

Awesome stuff...a good contender. I hope you finish it!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Your designs are amazing! Same with your 3d paint-over. This looks very promising :D

Thank you all for the kind words!  Thumbs_up

I was gonna update yesterday, but had some internet issues. I have continued to paint, model and sculpt. 

I did some studying and some color thumbnails:

[Image: Qgzov9i.jpg]

[Image: NMWsDyv.jpg]

[Image: vstUPxc.jpg]

I then vent back to 3d model my blockmesh in zbrush and maya: 

[Image: SFeZydR.jpg]

[Image: LvpOX9H.jpg]

And now im mostly putting stuff together and testing lightning conditions/ camera angles and such. I allready see a lot of stuff I wanna fix, such as adding more color variations in the rocks in front and such. Gonna work cram today and hopefully post an update version of my image before bed.  Party
Wow, that lion! I do find her pose a bit strange, it looks more like she is walking to the frame of the picture than walking up the stairs into the temple. I'm curious to see how this develops further :)

Awesome 3d work! Agree with Eyliana that walking into the temple would look more appropriate, seems like she is looking at the lion statue and is amazed by it (and the 3d model is worth it!). Are you going to use 3D for the character, too? I love that there's an animal in your sketch, not sure what kind of an animal it is for now, it's too small for a camel and the head looks lika lhama's , let's see what you will come up with! :)

Great stuff! I prefer the slightly upwards looking and widescreen blockmesh comps from before. Upward looking comps feel more awe inspiring as a general rule. It also had more interesting debris. I do like that we can see more of the entrance in the new one. There is a danger with 3D that by leaving all the compositional choices up to the end you might leave yourself a hard task of settling on a good comp because 3D affords one way too many options and in some senses you get locked into the assets that you have built. Not saying you're gonna do this, but I have noticed I also tend to spend too much time umming and ahhing in 3D than when only painting, so just keep it in mind when it comes to decision time. Keep it going! :)

Thanks for the continued crits.

neopatogen: Its supposed to be a camel or similar, but I just roughly drew it out because its just a thumbnail. I will probably scrap it for the final image tho, because I just cant find a way to fit it in atm xD

As for the character, yes, im hoping I got enThanks for the continued crits.

neopatogen: Its supposed to be a camel or similar, but I just roughly drew it out because its just a thumbnail. I will probably scrap it for the final image tho, because I just cant find a way to fit it in atm xD

As for the character, yes, im hoping I got enough time to make a full 3d character. I have allready started working on one.

Amit Dutta: Thanks. I personally felt that focusing on the character and entrance was more important since I wanted the character to be a strong focal point. I may change it tho, thats the good thing about 3d, u can always move stuff around.

Update as promised: P much finished the environtment. The character model is a regular DAZ3D model that will be replaced by my own model (hopefully) very soon.

ough time to make a full 3d character. I have allready started working on one.

Amit Dutta: Thanks. I personally felt that focusing on the character and entrance was more important since I wanted the character to be a strong focal point. I may change it tho, thats the good thing about 3d, u can always move stuff around.

Update as promised: P much finished the environtment. The character model is a regular DAZ3D model that will be replaced by my own model (hopefully) very soon.  Stupid 

[Image: zy9MgST.jpg]
Gotta make the deadline! Go go go! 

Heres a character model I made today that im gonna retopo, texture and pose into my image.  Toothless

[Image: jJbVOAT.jpg]
Fair enough! That comp you picked is way better :). Great model. With such solid 3D work, I'm interested to see how you tackle the paintover phase since this is where things either go really well, or things get destroyed :P
Good luck man push it!!!

Replaced with my own model. Gonna fix some things and then add a paintover. Ill drop it into the finals thread before deadline tomorrow  Thumbs_up

[Image: i4Bs3Mp.jpg]
Study. I made a life study of a rock in my garden 
[Image: 4rICCzm.jpg]

Almost done I guess, got a few things I wanna fix still: 

[Image: kCFWfm8.jpg]