Vandrake's sketchbook
(07-07-2022, 08:06 AM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: Really nice progress throughout your sketchbook, I especially like your imaginative pieces, keep that up! As for some things that stick out to me I would say dont be afraid to throw some experimental light sources down and try to really push the depth of your piece. There is nothing worse than having a nice pieces limited by flat lighting. I tend to experiment with 50-60% blue/purple multiply layers for some shadow a nice light blue 20% screen  layer  for  secondary shadow light sources, and top it off with a nice vibrant  orange/yellow dodge layer to really pop that primary light source.  Now this is all personal choice and comes down to what style you are going for, as there is no right answer. But i find it can really help make your pieces pop a little more and I think  a few of your most recent pieces could really jump off the page

Forgive the rough paint over but this gives an idea of how I may have approached your latest piece.

keep up the great work I can certainly see your improvement and want to see more

Thanks for the kind words ant the tips!
[Image: croulportrait72.jpg]

My Neverwinter nights Dwarf

[Image: almira72.jpg]

And a commission
[Image: barbaronuevo72.jpg]
Nice updates here, really enjoy the character design on your latest especially - love the sword! The colors are solid but the lightning and values can be pushed even further, but I'm not sure if you're calling it finished for now. Keep up the solid work!

(08-06-2022, 04:19 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Nice updates here, really enjoy the character design on your latest especially - love the sword!  The colors are solid but the lightning and values can be pushed even further, but I'm not sure if you're calling it finished for now.  Keep up the solid work!

Thanks!
[Image: fripozimer72.jpg]

Rpg portrait of a friend's character in DnD
[Image: freezer72.jpg]

Frieza fanart inspired in Dave's Fanart
Getting better and better, great job on the two portraits!

Thanks! i leave my last painting here

[Image: redsonjafanart72.jpg]
Looking good! I think maybe the background could be a bit darker with less contrast to help the figure pop out a bit more.

Thanks! i leave my latest paintng here

[Image: lorelieldibujo72.jpg]
[Image: deathadderdibujo72.jpg]

Death Adder (Golden Axe) Fanart
[Image: harleyquinn72.jpg]
[Image: dragonrider72.jpg]

[Image: cartelartejoven72.jpg]

[Image: barbaroconcepto172.jpg]
[Image: enanoconcepto72.jpg]
[Image: tiefling%20bardo72.jpg]
[Image: arshesnei72.jpg]
[Image: personajesrolnuevo.jpg]
[Image: enanoconhachaenminas72.jpg]

Draw more simple shape in perspective you aren't yet there in term of being able to eye ball object in perspective.For example the lower hand doesn't seem to be holding on the weapon at all because you probably don't understand how to wrap it around the cylinder in proper perspective.You made is axe this way because i suspect you have trouble to understand how to show it in perspective it detail like that that catch the eye of people who know what trick people use to hide there leak of fundamental knowledge trust me i been there.Also the axe head is misallign with the rest of the axe.

If you learn perspective your work will just be more dynamic you won't be force to make decision because you don't know better than to hide what you don't understand.I know no body like perspective but do yourself a service and go learn from someone who know or go dust out that book you where talking about a while back.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
thanks for the feedback, yes, I have to keep practicing perspective, but I have it a bit sideways for now, I'm practicing materials and textures, I'll leave a few here

[Image: estudiotexturas2.jpg]

[Image: estudiotexturasmetal.jpg]
Good but don't forget to label what material they are so we can help you get closer to the result if you want to improve faster.Adding the reference you use also could be helpful for better feedback.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
[Image: freddykruegger72.jpg]

[Image: dragon72.jpg]