CC 5 Hermidraws
Reserving my spot. (The first step)

Next post I will be posting some ideas, first will go through some videos about design sketching (I think amit made some videos) and then start presenting thumbnail sketches.

This will be done with pencil then watercolor (brushpens)

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Good luck! :)

Cool stuff! I love to see more watercolour around!

Awesome to have all of you on board! Just wait for me and my sad butt! hahaha.
JOURNAL #1
Random shape language

-

-

What I am doing here is basically sketch and explore different shape languages in profile view. So no plan/reference whatsoever. However for the next 4 pages batch sketch, I will go with more specific and direct planning. After I am done with that, I will check what I can combine with both the unplanned/planned sketches.

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Very nice sideview sketches! Im taking the exact same approach, looking forward to see the next steps!

JOURNAL #2

In Journal #1 I went with a random approach, no planning whatsoever for drawing the shapes. But for Journal #2 I wanted to draw the shapes with more plan behind them + references.  And I gotta admit, when you have references, it's much more easier for rapid concept thumbnail sketches.

I also challenged myself to concept sketch under 45 minutes (max 50 concepts). I will be doing the same approach for the next journal as in, 50 concepts under 45 minutes for Journal #3, and Journal #4 is where I pick and choose 4 to 6 concepts and make them more refined etc.

-

Mood board :

-

Concepts : 

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Really like the derivative work from the rough thumbs last 2 pages, inspiring! Also I am a sucker for pencil and linework. Can't wait to see how it evolves, mein neu freund!
Good stuff! Really a lot of concepts in not so wide timeframe, nice :) I really like your last sketch, not sure if it fits the brief but it is a nice concept for a portal or something.

Thank you fellas! 

-

JOURNAL #3

I just realized that I have forgotten one important step of the brief. Which is technically the first step. That was to design a pattern, and progress with the other steps using the pattern made in the first step.So the concepts I came up with in journal #1 journal #2 is wrong because they weren't made with a pattern from the first step. Which led to redoing the whole thing. In Journal #4 I will be posting a refined sketch for the buildings. 

I do not think I will make a full illustration, don't have enough time due that I am trying to do something else with design, so I will just make the individual structures on each page in front/top/side/perspective view and the perspective view will be done in water color. 

-

Pattern :

-

Sketches :

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
That's more like it! :) I would love to see even just a perspective pencil rendering if you feel watercolors might be an extra challenge on top. Be fairly precise with the general design of the orthos, but keep in mind that things might look very different in perspective in terms of the aesthetics, so definitely plan forward with that in mind! Keep it up, hope you finish.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Good start here you got some interest shapes going on here.

I'm so happy to see people try out design patterns so I at least know I not the only one visiting new horizons ahaha. Good work so far.

Can't believe you're doing this in watercolor, you're a braver person than I could ever be. :)