Toranja Draws!
Hello, this seems to be a very active forum so i thought I'd join and post my work.

I'm 18 year old student from Portugal and i want to be a concept artist or illustrator. 

Here's some old stuff: http://www.permanoobs.org/viewtopic.php?...212c6e484b
Here's some older stuff: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...Sketchbook

Now some drawings I have been doing for the past days. I have been reading Scott Robertson's book. I am fairly new at perspective so any critiques would be very welcome. I apologize for the low image quality, but my scanner somehow manages to do worse than my phone camera:

Hey Toranja - welcome to Crimson Daggers!

You've got some nice value sketches in your first link - the second one didn't work for me.

Sounds like a smart move getting into Scott Robertson - I've heard so much about his stuff I will be buying his books myself pretty soon.

You might have heard of this before but another good resource for perspective and fundamentals is http://drawabox.com/ and it's free learning!

Good luck with your journey and keep up the hard work :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey Artloader! Thank you for the welcome : d  Yeah I had heard about drawabox but since I already had Scott Robertson's book I didn't pay much attention to it. It seems to have some interesting stuff about improving line quality though, which I probably will use.

-----

Some more perspective stuff and learning anatomy from Proko's course! Had already started it before but at a certain point had to stop because of school.

Oh the characters' side comments are hilarious!

Fret not! Those are growing pains! It gets easier with time. I used to hate that practice, (lining up guides, going by proper perspective, and what not). But those saved my butt countless of times! I admit I'm still ways away from being a good draftsman. I still have that habit of winging it. But that practice your doing (thinking about perspective and form) is a healthy habit to cultivate!

Hurray for good habits! Hoping for more posts!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
John: Thanks! Unfortunately the "side characters" are  a really accurate depiction of my suffering ahahah. But yeah, I do believe it will be worth it!

Today I have some more drawings of the pelvis made either from my skeleton or imagination.

New stuff. Ribcage studies from Proko's anatomy course.

[attachment=88894

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Toranja,

Welcome to CD. Have to say, your anatomy studies are, though a bit messy, very developed.

Let's see what you can do when you build upon them!

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Hello guys. I've decided to resume posting here.
So, while I was away, I started art college, and studied anatomy and rendering.
Currently I'm doing the schoolism course "Painting with Light and Color"

Some highlights from 2017:

I will post the recent things next.
From the schoolism course:

Great stuff!

What I can say about your Trad drawings is that they look fantastic, but it seems to me that all of those guide lines might be holding you back;
I think If you use them too much you wont be able to do much without them.
You could Try drawing more in freehand.

Hello Hirvios, thank you for your feedback!
I'm guessing you are talking about the older drawings since I don't have much recent traditional work posted.
However, from both a layout and constructional perspective I find that those lines are still very useful and a foundation to the drawing aproach I find most suits me.
I do use much less and lighter lines (sometimes only visualized) in my usual drawings though, since those were specifically from when I was learning perspective and really needed to hammer tridimensional construction into my head.

---------------------

This "Week's" assignment consists on painting a scene under neutral diffused light and then relighting and redrawing it under a direct light (with the original light source still present), using adjustment layers and regular painting. The second one still needs some touches (mainly in the vase) but any feedback would be welcome!

Waaaaahhhhhhhh *faints* you are back? Those studies look sweet but now i want to see them applied!!!

NoodleInBox: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! Will do!

I had to study some anatomy for a school exam. Here is some new stuff, a selfie, some insignificant quick light studies and one more assignment.

Things...

Yaasss so cool that you are posting so much <3 I love those studies. Maybe apply on something. It doesnt have to be rendered out but show me some stuff from your imagination pleaseee *.* oh and thanks for kicking my butt with that post

Don't forget to also come back to drawing anatomy just so it solidify in you memeory.Could you gave us the art routine you have if you have any?

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
NoodleInBox: I blame you entirely for whatever that first painting is :(

Darktiste: Hey! Yeah, I have a lot of figure and anatomy related subjects this year at school so I've been going over it ocasionally. I'll make sure to make some time for ir soon. As with the Schedule, I don't really have one. When I get up if I don't have school I just start working on whatever I am focusing on until I get tired somewhere around 4-5 pm. Then I just do some random drawings or stop if my eyes are unconfortable.

----------------
Today I had the evaluations for my model drawing class so could only draw in the afternoon.
So a couple of days ago I was wondering for whatever reason what mermaids in the artic would look like and concluded that they would have to be fatter than regular mermaids as to not die from the cold, like walruses and seals. So I attempted to draw something with that in mind today but did absolutely nothing to prepare for it and unsurprisingly it looks like crap.
The second one is just a normal color study...meh
I think I will move on from the relighting assignment. The next is basically the same, but with color.

....siiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhh
I definitely have to be more structured in the way I do things. Trying to simultaneosly render the form and the reflections on the plate didn't go so well. Also everything is floating out of perspective which might have been partially caused by me knocking over my still life at some point.
Why can't you physically burn digital paintings.

But the blocks look completely solid, so a definite win there!

Sketchbook

Tygerson: Oh man, I don't know about that, but thanks for the encouragement.

----------------
Ok, the follow-up to that still life. Added a lamp above the objects. Analysing both this painting and the previous one, I think I really have to work in my value structure and exposure, simplifying more and being more coherent. Also the temperature and saturation between the objects on that first painting don't really match. Will try to do a still life with more matte objects next so it is easier to tackle these issues.