the dawckbook! come watch me fail (and hopefully learn)
sup daggerdudes i want to keep this short, i suck at alot of things i want to improve in all of them.

i hope i can add something to the forum and help encourage and make a positive impact here 

Info:

P.S i like to draw ducks and animals. (im an awkward duck myself hence the name Dawckward)
update on a kazuo oga study, damn its hard to match is holours but i see how subtle are his changes and actually how much atmospheric perspective is affecting his pictures, i want to finish this one propperly and not rush it.

an anthony jones stream recently gave me the idea to do close color matching and actually remembering the placement for future reference, this made me realiza that i tend to do colors that are way too bright, i need to be even more careful.

Dawckbook

Stream

When in doubt ask yourself, what would scooby do?
Hey dawckward! Good to see you have joined Crimson Daggers as well as TAP. Your most recent study looks great so far; the transitioning colours in the grass are coming together nicely. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
thx chubby, i want to do this one slowly and really annalize how he mixes colours, it might be digital but im learning a ton of how little black i put in my initial values and its helping me alot.

heres a small challenge i have in a discord im in, its just a quick scary character just to practice and celebrate the coming halloween :) 

didnt save the initial sketch xD it was quite messy tho i need to actually do a full pose and do something with that ram skull, i have a few ideas.

Dawckbook

Stream

did some hands when i got back im streaming the kazuo oga study rn http://www.twitch.tv/dawckward

Dawckbook

Stream

Hey. Nice stuff so far. I like the color study you did. I can suggest something that worked sort of for me but it might not work for you but try drawing study you do and after that draw the same or sommiliar thing from your imagination. Like you draw hand and then draw same hand without looking at reference. Studies tend to stick to you for longer. And maybe try drawing character or portrait or something from imagination at least once every couple of days. You will train your imagination. Yea but nice consinstency so far.

thx varpas i actually might follow on that an do my studies that way, double the work double the memorization, but im reading through crackskull posts and i found some artists channels that are helping me tons in the underlying thinking process they ahve and hence realizing what i need to start doing. 

dumb anatomy i was distracted today and stuffs from matias hannecke

also did a kuribo and other crap from head but im lazy and i didnt saved them in a small size u.u ill upload them tomorrow <3

more stuffs

and kazuo oga update

i need to put more contrast in my initial values, and possiblyt go back to basic forms, i think we all get the urge every once in a while to polish fundamentals, i think i will, and also brush up perspective. scott robertson here i come!

Dawckbook

Stream

today i did more ducks in the stream! i loved it haha i think i can do better more shapes and finishing all the highlights on the feathers, first time working mainly with lasso tool i quite liked the finish.

sketches

Dawckbook

Stream

Hey there Dawckward :). Nice start on your sketchbook - I like the way you rendered the fur (feathers?) on the ducklings.

For anatomy you should check out Proko's YouTube channel if you haven't already - highly recommended :).

Keep up the hard work :)

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

thx for the suggestion yeah i need to get back to anatomy, i have hamptons book but i must admit ive never finished digesting the whole thing.

heres the dumb stuffs from today not much but im really tring to getting a better finnish and doing alot of different stuff , losing the fear of using the skills ive slowly obtained and realizing which ones i actually dont have or need to polish, since im self taught the gaps in my knowledge are enormous.

Dawckbook

Stream

I like the expressions, though i wasnt expecting sailor duck, made me laugh so hard for some reason xD

Also, is that a kuriboh next to the alien dude? :D

-------------------------------------------------------------
I like dragons, power metal and epic stuff :D

Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7564.html
Deviantart: http://metashinryu.deviantart.com/

thanks metashinryu! heresto not stopping!

im slipping with so much homework and social service dear god, but i wont stop, im drawing in my sb between classes and between meals and going to work. ill take a sunday to take pictures of everything, but even inthis schedule i know i could be doing more, but i want to get quality study time not just maintain draftmanship, guess i must focus on a single subject since im so time constrained. u.u im a bit sad

Dawckbook

Stream

Hiya Dawckbook

Thanks for the visit and your crit, I appreciate it! :)

I really like how you've started your sb, the ducks are awesome man! :D and If you're wanting some structured lessons that you can fit into your schedule I highly recommend Schoolism.com's new subscription scheme.

Keep up the studies :) (and I shall follow my own advice lol)

been a while, but i want to keep recording my progress again  ive seen some progress but im pushing myself harder lately, this are all recent from a couple of months to fairly reccent. 

Dawckbook

Stream

hey dawckward, it seems like you've changed gears over the last time youve posted and are going for a more serious style... I kinda went through a similar thing near the beginning and present of my journey. But i'll tell you the same thing i tell everyone else, less painting more drawing! may even write a manifesto on this one day, we'll see hmm hmm

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
yeah for sure i get what you mean, i need to produce more personal work, just doing studies for stuides sake can get me einto a rut, appretiate the honest words!

heres more stuffz, an a pixel art plus the quick studies for it, like i said ive been trying to produce more stuff lately 

Dawckbook

Stream

Buen sketchbook!, veo que eres de México de donde eres?

hola felix gracias, soy de chetumal quintanaroo, cerca de cancun y tu?

todays stream stuffz did a few tweaks to tokyo studies plus did one more

also not sure i showed the triple drawing challenge to experiment diferent focuses while drawing, coincidentally now i do this alot of the time, ill just draw something twice, normally by the second or third time it has alot more life and structure which i really like ph and my first gender bend requested by the stream! haha.

Dawckbook

Stream

I'd say work more on your draftsmanship skills (like Fedodika mentioned)
You're really eager to jump into painting and colors, sometimes you produce great results;
But i recommend you spend more effort into understanding how to draw objects in 3D space, and how to construct them properly (do a lot more of what you did on your Anatomy studies in your recent posts),
Often your pieces seem rather flat

Also, in your environment paintings, there's often a feeling of things being too "airbrushed"-
Everything's too soft and Smudgy, There's not enough sharp edges.

Keep at it!

hey hirvios thx for the crit will surely work on what you say, id disagree in some points but it is appretiated none the less! 

Dawckbook

Stream