Wolf's Sketches
@Sula Thanks - i will try that.
@Lyraina Merci - the plants were a mistake that I liked and therefore kept. :) I love those happy incidents when painting.

A study of a samurai that was suggested in one of the Crimson Dagger Skype Channels.
And finally something from my imagination. (used references for the background idea)

[Image: samurai_study_by_wolkenfels-d7qc52g.jpg]

[Image: magician_by_wolkenfels-d7r3xyw.jpg]

forgot to post this
Photostudy - unbelievable wonderful original by photographer Yan McLine http://500px.com/photo/29376275/-by-yan-mcline
Lots of fun studying the skin and the jewelery.
[Image: lady_of_the_harem_by_wolkenfels-d7stk79.jpg]

as always , the studies are looking great !
Thanks Ben!

No studies this time - instead 2 pictures following Tyler Edlins tutorials and Marilyn Orcroe - a crazy idea i had in one of toxicpandas streams.

[Image: winterforest_by_wolkenfels-d7v63ex.jpg]

[Image: fantasy_forest_by_wolkenfels-d7v63rn.jpg]

[Image: marilyn_orcroe_by_wolkenfels-d7ve943.jpg]

Trying to get a feel for waves.

study
[Image: wave_by_wolkenfels-d7vingf.jpg]

OH jesus I laughed so hard at Marilyn Orcroe XD.
Your sketchbook is quite awesome ... and these waves .. wow

@Adrian Thank you very much.

another ship study - i think i slowly get an idea about the subject...
[Image: sail_ship_study_by_wolkenfels-d7vpiqh.jpg]

Something different.
Some time ago i painted a picture of an old friend as his fantasy mage.
I got a lot really good help and feedback from you daggers and that helped me to get the picture to the level i wanted it to have from the beginning.
[Image: sor_by_wolkenfels-d6uuwc5.jpg]

The picture made it to the cover of my fantasy clubs magazine and this summer i was awarded as clubs "best artist of the year" for that.
For sure it is only a small community with around 500 members. But i feel very honored by the award nonetheless and I am grateful to this bunch of helper, motivators and friends i have here in the Crimson Daggers that helped me to reach that goal. Never would have dreamed of getting to this level when i started only so few years ago.

Thanks all - stay as great you are and keep being motivated!

I attach a picture of me getting that award (i am the one in red).

Love you all!

Attached Files Image(s)

Niiiiiiice!! Congrats on getting an award, that's so cool :) And you're really tall, haha!

Nice ship study ... ships are really intimidating. So much going on with all those sails and ropes and stuff...

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
Congratz on the award! And nice outfit! You seem really tall, or the woman's really short.

Focus.
You do much traditional work Wolfen? Would be cool to see you tackle some pencil or charcoal studies. :)

@Lyraina Danke!! and yeah all those ropes are really confusing!
@meat thanks and it is a mixture - i am 1.92m and she is not much over 1.50m
@craig the only traditionals i do are the doodles i do in meetings. :) Have not found my way to pencils yet.

I have some personal difficulties after my wife fell from a ladder and broke foot ankle and ellbow. I am more a male nurse at the moment and my times for art is even shorter than normal - anyway here are 2 studies of Emma Peel from the old BBC series Avengers. (great series btw). around one hour each

[Image: emma_peel_study_1_by_wolkenfels-d7xp5b2.jpg]
[Image: emma_peel_study_2_by_wolkenfels-d7xp5et.jpg]

Sorry to hear about your wife! :( I hope she’ll recover soon. Nice portrait studies, love the eyes. The hand in the second one looks a bit small, was it like this in the reference?

Thanks Lyraina! I think the size of the hand is okay, but the thumb is somehow different.
sigh - hands.. ;)

study pinup - wanted to explore more away from the realistic stuff to more painterly stuff.
reference: http://webdesignfm.com/wp-content/upload...aper13.jpg not sure, could be Gil Elvgren
[Image: pinup_by_wolkenfels-d7y6lzr.jpg]

Wooow, that one is spot on! Awesome :)
Minor crit on the leg, which looks a bit unfinished compare to the rest - not because it is painterly, but because I feel like I can see the underdrawing/lines in the greyish desaturated areas. Upper body and face is perfect <3
...Now do one in this style (painterly, saturated) but from photo as an application!

Thank you Lyraina.
you are right on the legs - something is wrong. :(
Not sure if i can apply that style to photo yet - but I will try.

Here is another forrest. Tried to paint one from imagination, then it looked boring and i added a forrest dragon.
[Image: forrest_dragon_by_wolkenfels-d7ya4rz.jpg]

Pinup the second try.
This time i took a photograph and tried to applied the pinup style to it. Means to do it painterly and to use saturated colors.
The result is not as painterly is i was hoping for but an interesting experience.
Awesome ref from fav.me/d50g8i8

[Image: pinup_2_by_wolkenfels-d7yglju.jpg]

For the Air pirate challenge of the Brush Sauce Group on G+

[Image: air_pirates_by_wolkenfels-d7z63uf.jpg]

I hope you do find your way to doing some pencil, or traditional studies, soon. Would be cool to see how you get on. I think you'd perhaps find it kind of liberating, as I get the sense that the digital medium is maybe stifling you a bit.

A wild change in direction, an a major step away from a comfortable zone, is often a very rewarding choice for an artist.

Thanks Craig - don't know if i will find the way to traditional - I am really fighting with pencils - they don't love me.

Funny development - when i started painting i was able to attack any topic without fear. Then i found the art comunity and got very self conscious and was not able to paint anything but studies as i was so unsecure about my pictures. Since the air pirate picture i feel like i am free again. I can and will paint what i want. (now i only need time to paint again)

here is a enviro study i did some days ago and the obligatory first november selft portrait day picture - not soo serious.

[Image: scottisch_bridge_enviro_by_wolkenfels-d81oxx8.jpg]

[Image: self_portrait_day_2014_by_wolkenfels-d84w6ah.jpg]