Miguel's Sketchbook
Hello everyone! I have been lurking around for some months all the awesome drawings and paintings over here, but didn't have the courage to put some of my stuff here. 
My name is Miguel and i have been drawing for some years now, with the goal to become a pro illustrator! Hope we can talk about art and encourage each other journeys! 

I don't have much "finished" art but i will upload some sketches everyday, all comments are welcome and appreciated!!

Thanks everyone! 

[Image: wKy8z91.jpg]

[Image: 6E0nxv6.jpg]

[Image: MxT2p0J.jpg]

[Image: mSrag1F.jpg]

[Image: LyWzRVE.jpg]

[Image: 5ffdMhD.jpg]

[Image: 3GMkdpO.jpg]

[Image: zKk8LHg.jpg]
Quote:I don't have much "finished" art but i will upload some sketches everyday, all comments are welcome and appreciated!!

Finish them! You can't be an illustrator with unfinished works!

Or can you...

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers. Judging by your post, it looks like you're inclined to do character designs. There's Crimson CHOW, a character design challenge, that just went up. You might want to check it out. http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8...11585.html

Hey man, looking forward to see you work your sketchbook. See you around.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Thanks John!!

Yeah, i will definitely post more finished work, you're right about that.

Right now i'm doing a lot of figure studies, and some character design for a project i'm doing.

Sure! Let me check that challange, thanks for the link!!

Keep drawing dude, see ya later.
Your sketches look dooope, keep posting more :D. I dig the pumpkin dude the form looks really good on that one.

I would love feedback on my Sketchbook
Hey Miguel, so you have stepped out of the shadows :). Welcome to the forum dude.

I like your characters, the feel solid and 3 dimensional. If you've been lurking around you might have seen Proko's free YouTube channel being recommend for figure drawing but I'll recommend it again anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClM2LuQ...23462tQzBg

Good quality instruction for free. The guy knows his stuff, he studied at Watts Atelier and became one of their instructors eventually.

Keep posting :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hello mister! Welcome to CD :D I love your lines so sexy. Just keep posting i wanna see more of your cool stuff.

(02-25-2017, 06:38 AM)kvSketch Wrote: Your sketches look dooope, keep posting more :D.  I dig the pumpkin dude the form looks really good on that one.

Thanks man! Hahaha yeah, i don't really know how it ended looking like that, i like it a lot too haha.
(02-25-2017, 08:18 AM)Artloader Wrote: Hey Miguel, so you have stepped out of the shadows :).  Welcome to the forum dude.

I like your characters, the feel solid and 3 dimensional.  If you've been lurking around you might have seen Proko's free YouTube channel being recommend for figure drawing but I'll recommend it again anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClM2LuQ...23462tQzBg

Good quality instruction for free.  The guy knows his stuff, he studied at Watts Atelier and became one of their instructors eventually.

Keep posting :).

Hahaha, thank you! And thanks for the compliment man, much appreciate it. 

Yes! I have seen some of his videos, he's a great teacher! Right now i'm watching a lot of Glenn Vilppu videos, i have learned a lot from seeing him drawing.

See you around!
(02-25-2017, 09:21 AM)NoodleInBox Wrote: Hello mister! Welcome to CD :D I love your lines so sexy. Just keep posting i wanna see more of your cool stuff.

Thank you so much dude! I will keep everyone updated with some drawings! Thanks again.
Hey guys! Posting now some figure drawings that i do every day. I like to start with a colored pencil and do a pre-sketch to feel the form and the gesture, then i usually go over it with pen or pencil, i like to do them really fast, no more than 8 minutes for each one and then go to the next one. 

[Image: EQQrhS9.jpg]

[Image: wJXXJMr.jpg]

[Image: oLBUcQo.jpg]

[Image: xD9aIoF.jpg]

[Image: 4hmCHVo.jpg]

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement! Keep drawing! :D
Some new drawings! I have been creating a lot of characters lately, it has helped me a ton to come up with ideas for different subjects. One of this has been done while going on the bus, public transportation here is like going on a boat with a storm coming your way hahahaha. 

Thanks!

[Image: XffraPP.jpg]

[Image: svqNqIp.jpg]

[Image: xBkXNiV.jpg]

[Image: rVbrLC6.jpg]
wow - those figures in post #10 are GORGEOUS!
any learning material you can recommend for how you approach the figure? or care to share your thoughts?

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
(02-26-2017, 08:17 AM)aks9 Wrote: wow - those figures in post #10 are GORGEOUS!
any learning material you can recommend for how you approach the figure? or care to share your thoughts?

Thank you so much! 
Sure!! I have learned most of my approach to figure drawing watching Glenn Vilppu videos, his stuff is simple too good, the way he lays down the lines for the gesture and i quote here him "go over the form, feel it" has helped me so much. Draw people everyday , quick sketches, everything helps, it is just practice, i remember when i started doing figure drawing, and man, it sucked so bad hahaha, but now i think i can draw a little better. 

Hit me up whenever you want dude, i can show you some other stuff about figure drawing or anatomy if you want, in that subject Michael Hampton's book is great, i think is called figure drawing: design and invention.

Keep drawing! See you around
Your sketches are exquisite, love the fluidity!

~
(02-26-2017, 04:00 PM)aere Wrote: Your sketches are exquisite, love the fluidity!

Thank you so much aere! :D
New sketches! At the start of the year i made a promise to myself that i would upload a sketch everyday to my social networks, but as usual, i didn't start it until mid february hahaha :P but i'm on my way to catch up. I've been doing 4 -5 everyday, i hope when i catch up i will do one per day and give it a more polished look. 

Thanks for all the comments! :)

[Image: TjRc5Aj.jpg]

[Image: e9ONlCz.jpg]

[Image: ebR70Cf.jpg]

[Image: btoVhlZ.jpg]
Some new studies!! From time to time i like to take some days and sketch lots of hands, arms, legs, etc. Practicing this stuff never gets old! :)

Keep drawing everyone! 

[Image: 0NL0DgW.jpg]

[Image: dftYAas.jpg]

[Image: 1Uj3Ycs.jpg]

[Image: xDQblMj.jpg]

[Image: 3AzdeMs.jpg]

[Image: 0jdyO8y.jpg]

[Image: Mtux4Nl.jpg]

[Image: tlGbFzM.jpg]
Hey everyone! This past week has been craaazy, moved to a new place but i finally managed to put everything in order here :D, anyways, here are some more sketches and some figure studies. I'm trying to learn some dynamic forms to integrate to my drawings. 

See you around! :)

[Image: WggyfHY.jpg]

[Image: T33aJMH.jpg]

[Image: 4beywMa.jpg]

[Image: C6rNJWr.jpg]

[Image: SsF3si0.jpg]

[Image: MIbN3fb.jpg]

Cranking out a lot of good studies man! Like usual, I love your what you're doing with the characters keep pushing yourself :D.

I would love feedback on my Sketchbook
(03-10-2017, 02:11 PM)kvSketch Wrote: Cranking out a lot of good studies man!  Like usual, I love your what you're doing with the characters keep pushing yourself :D.

Thanks dude! Yup, gotta keep working on those studies! Keep working on your skills! Take care man, see you around.