Chrome's journey begins
Looks like today is the day I start this sketchbook... and my journey here...

The first of many:
[Image: 6XTNNis.png]

Since anatomy is something I consistently struggle with in my previous works, I find myself needing to re-learn from fresh. Gonna post little by little here daily. I will greatly appreciate any help and advice!
Awesome, thanks for starting that sketchbook. Those skeletons look pretty sick, nice work. For anatomy, I'd definitely recommend checking out the following books: Constructive Anatomy by George Bridgman, and Figure Drawing for All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis. They're both available for free online and they've both helped me (and a lot of Crimson Daggers) immensely.

[Image: 6ytKcMX.png]
Another day, another practice... But I kind of hit a snag here; I'm having problems on how to draw the neck and shoulder areas and the pelvis is giving me a hard time... Perhaps I should try with a more simple figure rather than skeletons?

Truly appreciate criticism and helps! And thanks @dangelowallaceart The book you sent me gave me good insight on anatomy! Now im starting on a practice in that book. Thanks again
[Image: I1M3y38.jpg]

Practicing with gestures.
[Image: r1dENGi.jpg]Practicing more gestures and poses
Nice going here Chrome :).

Good recommendations from Dangelo :).

I'd recommend continuing by sketching from reference and breaking down poses from reference images into simple forms like you are doing (cylinders, sausages, sphere's etc ...).

And then trying a few more from imagination like you are doing.

Keep pushing!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Woah, been away for a while xD. And thanks, @artloader!

Speaking of imagination, I have been working on a little project. Currently still work in progress, and I hit a snag trying to get the perspective of the dead dude right, especially the position of his legs and the style he falls down from a kneeling position after being shot in the back of his head. Also, it would be nice if yall could help point out mistakes here and there...

I could really use some help here, guys <3 Thanks in advance!
[Image: Qsnafiv.jpg]
Starting on a new piece...
[Image: ecyACc6.png]
Is there any advice on how to approach the perspective of the backdrop? Also, I'm trying out a lineless style for this one. Really appreciate tips on how to approach this style.
Hi Chrome

In PS, I put perspective layers on top of everything and set them on a low opacity.

When I do comics, I fire up Manga Studio. They have this feature called 'Perspective Ruler', which basically enables you to draw lines in perspective consistently.

About the lineless style: I found/finding my 'lineless style' through doing copies of photos. Photo copies/life drawing/painting is as close as I can get to sharing a tip.

Good luck with the piece!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
@John

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to check out those tools next time!

And also, sorry I have not been posting often enough here... The short of it: Life's been quite a bitch >o<

And true, the power of drawing from life cannot be underestimated!
[Image: QBWHDr6.jpg]
[Image: F5XnWKJ.jpg]
Me drawing practicing shading and anatomy from drawing those dummy things from life. And speaking of drawing photos from life, i should totally find one day to snap a pic of a place in my jogging spot especially on a late afternoon/sunset and draw from it...

Also, send help... I can't lighting maan...
[Image: v3oKEid.png]