Hi there :)
Smile 
Hi, my Name is Yasmin and I'm new here. I'm still learning how to use this forum to be honest. I don't know what to post where yet but I guess I'll learn eventually. I've been drawing since I was a little kid and tried painting last years of school and studied art in a university for four years specializing in traditional painting. After I graduated I was a bit depressed about displaying and selling my art so I stopped making art for a couple of years. But now I'm trying to get back to sketching, drawing and painting although I have a full time job... Hope to enjoy being part of this community and if you want to talk about anything related to art don't hesitate to send me a message.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Yasmin :).

Doing art seriously on top a full time job can be a challenge - I am in the same situation and I wish you luck. I've found that I've had to forgive myself for not doing as much art as I'd like and instead I make sure I do little and often, even if it's just a 10 minute sketch a day.

I look forward to seeing your work - good to have you aboard :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hi Yasmin,

Quote:But now I'm trying to get back to sketching, drawing and painting although I have a full time job...

I'm on the same boat as you and Loader. Full time. 9-5-ver with a 1 day rest day for the week. And I still manage to hit the drawing board everyday (Woof, sounds like I'm bragging, but hear me out). That's why when people say they would 'try' things, I'm a bit skeptical whether that means it's a sincere effort to attempt; or, most of the time, it means 'I'll do it when I feel like it.'

Do it. Make it a habit. You don't even have to make it look good. You don't have to show it to people.

Quote:if you want to talk about anything related to art don't hesitate to send me a message.

Likewise. There's a Discord group for chatting: https://discord.gg/azX8fwT A lot of horsing around, a lot of art and non-art related chatting. Yet I've talked to a lot of interesting people there.

Good luck with juggling the job and, hopefully, your craft, and welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead