Form Intersection Please help me level up
Hi i would like to clear some confusion if i made some error will doing Form intersection thank you

Here 2 version the second one is suppose to be the correction

Please feel free to explain and correct my misunderstanding of some of the concept

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(11-17-2017, 03:46 AM)darktiste Wrote: Hi i would like to clear some confusion if i made some error will doing Form intersection thank you

Please feel free to explain and correct my misunderstanding of some of the The corrected version looks
The corrected version looks good!
A good way to check the intersections that you doubt about is to recteate your simple forms in Sketchup. Free version is enough for that purpose.There's an option there to show hidden lines (like if you were "drawing through"). Check it out if you haven't already, it's quite intuitive for beginners in 3d. I used this method to check my Drawabox intersection excercise. Btw where is your excercise from? Some art course?

(11-18-2017, 02:59 AM)darktiste Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 02:44 AM)neopatogen Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 03:46 AM)darktiste Wrote: Hi i would like to clear some confusion if i made some error will doing Form intersection thank you

Please feel free to explain and correct my misunderstanding of some of the The corrected version looks
The corrected version looks good!
A good way to check the intersections that you doubt about is to recteate your simple forms in Sketchup. Free version is enough for that purpose.There's an option there to show hidden lines (like if you were "drawing through"). Check it out if you haven't already, it's quite intuitive for beginners in 3d. I used this method to check my Drawabox intersection excercise. Btw where is your excercise from? Some art course?
Thank for you input i am allready using sketch up but i feel it kinda slow way to check for error i need someone who can double check because i am still human. I am really still a newbie not played with many 3d software so far so for the moment it not a viable way to correct my error rapidly.I am currently mixing study with dynamic sketching and drawbox i found that drawing on pinterest and i figure i could use it to understand a bit more about intersection on paper and i applied correction because i personnaly i think it good to take other people work and look at what you can learn from them.Being able to self correct is sometime i want to be able to do.

My Sketchbook
These things look off to me

A: Basically the depth of that intersection area, when compared to the other things going on in the scene doesn't match up. The intersection might be right assuming those two boxes were interacting on their own only, but the position in space of the those two boxes in relation to the rest of the scene then makes the intersection one that wouldn't happen given the entire 3d space. The box that is tilted upwards should be in front of and overlapping the lower one so there would be no interaction at all.

B:  This intersection is wrong. Your first try was better though not right. The vertical line of the intersection of the box tilted down would not go all the way to the edge of the other box. Revisit it

C:  The ellipse angles are incorrect for the angle of the box surfaces

D: I don't think that intersection looks right, especially the lower one.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(11-24-2017, 08:28 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: These things look off to me

A: Basically the depth of that intersection area, when compared to the other things going on in the scene doesn't match up. The intersection might be right assuming those two boxes were interacting on their own only, but the position in space of the those two boxes in relation to the rest of the scene then makes the intersection one that wouldn't happen given the entire 3d space. The box that is tilted upwards should be in front of and overlapping the lower one so there would be no interaction at all.

B:  This intersection is wrong. Your first try was better though not right. The vertical line of the intersection of the box tilted down would not go all the way to the edge of the other box. Revisit it

C:  The ellipse angles are incorrect for the angle of the box surfaces

D: I don't think that intersection looks right, especially the lower one.

Thank for the insight i am still struggling to find a good explaination on how to corrrectly draw cercle on a titled plane
Even with the help of scott robertson book but i think i am just over thinking or it bit to advance for me right now.I didn't see alot of people covering advance perspective so i can really compare because all i have is written instruction and i think it help me to have also a visual step by step process.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
I mistook the 1st attempt for a corrected one sorry :) Obviously yes it was better. 
Now thatI have a bit more time to look closely, here's what I could spot. If I'm wrong somewhere hopefully smb corrects me as well.
But seriously, if nobody does draw-over and you don't like 3d, cut a sausage with a knife under an angle for a cylinder.. And.. maybe try cutting apple for a sphere? :) Real life objects are always great to observe and experiment with.

Attached Files Image(s)

I will close this post for now on i learn a great deal so thank you both

My Sketchbook