HIRVIOS- Art Log
(02-13-2018, 06:00 AM)Tygerson Wrote: I really love the life and exaggeration in the gesture drawings.  It's really cool to see some of them fleshed out with rendering.  It sort of bridges the gap between gesture drawing and figure drawing (when it's time to really "draw the figure," I always stiffen up the gesture--argh!).

Thank you!  I really try to insert personality into my gestures by variously exaggerating them, It means a lot when others recognize it!

My process is that the first 10 gestures are 30sec    the the next 5 are 60 sec  then 3 of them 5 min    and then the last 2 being 10 min.
This way I get a nice warm up and I get to nicely transition into longer studies.

I get what you mean, I cringe when my figures come out stiff and lifeless!!!;
You need to try constantly analyze what went wrong and think how you could have approached things better when a figure has turned out poorly

Starting out at this weekend by Posting my Personal sketches;

1.Casual Sketches-  Just an array of random sketches I noodle around with while I start the day or in-between Brakes

2.WIP of a more-detailed piece,  after taking Bobby Chiu's class on Digital painting I've acquired a bunch of new techniques on approaching paintings,  I'm trying them out and slowly trying to integrate them into my personal approaches

Attached Files Image(s)

Stuuuudies 

1.As Usual, my weekly  gesture, figure drawings.
I find it interesting to look back to my previous weeks and look if I got better at anything, if I got worse, or if I forgot a successful technique that I used to use
Improvement is slow, but it's there.

2. Haaands,,   somewhere between 12-17 min each,  
If really starting to feel the need to take sometime to carefully study the bones and muscles of the hands,
but either way, I feel that this is a good exercise for building my visual memory and polishing my construction skills;
After all, Hands are notoriously difficult to nail.

3.Faces- about 15-20 min each;  Again, I'm not aiming to reach 100% resemblance,
I'm mainly trying to get myself familiarized with the shape-language of the face and find comfortable ways of constructing them;
There's no shortage of small mistakes everywhere.

Paralllel to these, I'm taking about 3 - 2.20 hrs every day to studying Schoolsim classes

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Hirvios thought I'd stop by since you've been helping me out.

Your gesture drawings are looking really good, they have a nice flow and feel really dynamic. :)

Everything else seems good so far, nothing really to crit atm, just keep up the good work!