Juneau's Sketchbook
Hi everyone!

My name is Larysa. I've been reading this forum for a while. Then registrated. But only now decided to start a sketchbook, cause lately I've been struggling. Hope this thread will help me to be more motivated and keep it up. 

I'm selftaught, working more like an illustrator (for prints and coloring pages), but find passion in games and hope to join gameindustry sometime. Painting always had been my hobby (but never took it seriously). But for like one and half year ago I've bought graphic tablet and started to paint digitally, and realized that's what I want to do for the rest of my life!

Definetely won't be able to post here daily, but will try to make sketches and stuff as often as possible. Would gladly hear any critique, suggestions and so on.

For now here's some of my old works. Thanks for watching!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey there and welcome to the sketchbooks! : )

You've got a really nice start with your painting here, your still life pieces especially are looking fantastic. The main thing that will benefit you right now is doing some study into form/anatomy - with your figure pieces the underlying anatomical shapes need a bit of work. I'd suggest some linework, life drawing if you can get it. Your values are looking good, however.

Keep at it!

Beautiful still lifes! And great start on character art!

Ctrlpaint.com has great mini vids on digital painting. Proko on YouTube is great for anatomy/figure.

Keep up the good work!

Sketchbook

Thanks a lot for feedback! I've seen ctrlpaint videos, but proko become a discovery for me!
Unfortunately, I don't have an opportunity for lifedrawings of people, but I found one interesting resource on youtube, maybe it will be useful for someone. It's called drawthis, it has a video from lifedrawing sessions, so I used them and made some gesture drawings with traditional media. Maybe I'll be posting them in the future, not sure, cause for now it's a problem to make photos or scans.
But I've made some sketches of girls from the ref, want to improve my eye on proportions and perspective and hand to make clean sketches with steady lines.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some new linework

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome Larysa, nice start here.

I like how clean your linework is - keep going with that. Maybe also start to draw in the shadow shapes as well in your line work - do a search for "bed bug line" if you're not familiar with that.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

@Artloader: thanks! Yes, I've been thinkin about it, maybe will do this on next similair sketches

I've did some more sketches. Want to try to colorize the elf girl later, hope I'll get to it. And flying heads were drawn today during lunch break (was inspired by Astri Lohne warmup sketches)

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Larysa,

Great sketchbook start. The still lives are really good!
I like the elf sketch as well, I'm looking forward to the colored version. 

Since you mentioned you don't have access to life drawing, maybe you could do self portraits in the meantime. Also if you commute to work or school it could be a good opportunity for life drawing of people in the bus or subway!
@VoodooMama thanks for suggestion. I've been thinking about going to park with sketchbook or drawing on streets.

Some updates. Vampire girl still in process, maybe will be changing more and add more details Also some sketches I've done today, more like color study to give overall feel of light without going in details (and some elves for fun).

Attached Files Image(s)

Today I've started a book Figure Drawing by Michael Hampton and made some gesture drawings (approximately 1 min per gesture)

Attached Files Image(s)

Haven't posted for really long time. I've got some issues and new job - drawing characters for mobile story app (really excited about it). But now I've got into flow, so managed to find some time for sketching for myself. So here's some color studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful-- Love to see the practice applied in such a natural growing way. Keep it up! I'm stoked for your opportunity and hope it goes awesome :D

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
(05-03-2018, 09:10 AM)Bookend Wrote: Beautiful-- Love to see the practice applied in such a natural growing way.  Keep it up!  I'm stoked for your opportunity and hope it goes awesome :D

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

I've done some more sketches of an eye in 2 color combinations. Also I've done a portrait of creepy girl for local challenge, it needs more render, and I'm not really into such kind of art. But it was interesting to do smth like that as an experiment. Also I figured out that I need to work more on color, cause there is some muddiness (I'm still struggling when it comes to colorful skin, especially with unusual color).

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow awesome stuff!

(05-04-2018, 03:26 PM)JosephCow Wrote: Wow awesome stuff!

Thanks! c:

I've managed to make a life painting today. It was really fun! I'll try to make more like this in future, really teaches a lot to see and understand.

Attached Files Image(s)

New stuff. C&C are welcome c:

Attached Files Image(s)

Decided to participate in character design challenge on facebook. This month theme is Street Fighter, so I've did a fanart of Vega. Tried to combinde studying of anatomy with making illustration. So here's the result of it. It was really fun, but need to improve more.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello and welcome to the forums!! Your paintings are quite lovely to look at! Keep it coming. :)

@DESQUOLOR   thanks!

Haven't posted here for a while. Here's some new stuff

Attached Files Image(s)