Leo Ki's skbk
George and ShinOkami - Thank you! ^^

So, not being able to continue my ever-growing comic sagas, I remembered an unbridled totally improvised comedy comic I made at the time, which I had plans to transform into something during prehistoric times and keep it as very short episodes. Here is the first attempt.

Yup, I know the technique and quality is totally inconsistent, please bear with me while I try to settle into something. And the big text is intentional, it's for tiny vertical phone screens from hell. No landscape :(

Also, when AI is too smart for its own good:

I never knew I would enjoy animating things until I tried. Here are the key frames, or what I believe are the key frames, of a draft sequence. There must be a bunch of things wrong with it and I only perceive some of them.

The frames:

This one is terribly bad but hilarious, so I'm sharing it:

Another one:

Lol, loving your work :D Yay comics and animations!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Nice work with the animations. They look... alive!

@Bookend & George - Belatedly, thank you!

So I haven't done any illustration or concept for the last seven months because I've been working on a comic which eats up all the free time I can devote to creation.

The goal of it is to focus on improving panel composition and line art.

Colors are mostly ignored, I had a hard rule of doing only flat colors, although I started breaking it awkwardly in night scenes.

I post it page by page on Comic Fury.

Here's the "make-of" of the first page:

And here is the latest page:

This is looking really good! How many pages do you have on comic fury so far?

Thank you Joseph! I have 47 pages up. I gave myself a year max to finish the story, so I keep a fast pace and sacrifice a lot on the way, but it's still good training I think.

Great job with your latest, very well drawn and inked!

(12-18-2023, 01:21 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: So I haven't done any illustration or concept for the last seven months because I've been working on a comic which eats up all the free time I can devote to creation.

The goal of it is to focus on improving panel composition and line art.

Hi Leo,

Just had time to look over the last page and am happy to see you working so had on you comic pages (and flirting with animation — I try my hand at that too sometimes).

I agree panel composition is sooo important and humbly suggest adding more over-head and low POVs and staggering characters in the panel.

There's a good article here about that https://www.clipstudio.net/how-to-draw/archives/160963

and this image from that article is a good example of what I'm trying to say:

https://www.clipstudio.net/wp-content/up...18_014.jpg

Anyway — I'm glad to see all your new work and that you've made some impressive goals for your comic.

Please keep sharing!

Due to some issue related to file size and other issue related to the corruption i am having i can t send you the file directly here so visit my sketchbook https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-...ge-53.html in the section #1050 of the page you should see the character sheet that include a turn around of the character and it weapon.

This should be a very interesting exercise if you decide to stick to the reference. Otherwise feel free to adapt what you see to what you can draw.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Very cool story boarding and overall sketchbook here, the animations are really cool too. Keep up the great work!

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun