Handsome Korean's Sketchbook
my first official card art commission

'Mean streak Engage' cart for Alpha Clash TCG

[Image: ExTbz4g.jpg]
Congratulation.That sure to be a good publicy for you to have your name on something that circulate.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
That looks great! Congrats!

(12-10-2022, 12:14 AM)darktiste Wrote: Congratulation.That sure to be a good publicy for you to have your name on something that circulate.
Thank you, it's just a beginnign and maybe the end soon now that AI art is out. but I think they put the name of artists on the card
(12-10-2022, 10:25 AM)JosephCow Wrote: That looks great! Congrats!

Thank you bro as always

Feels weird getting all these small jobs her and there at the dawn of AI art becoming mainstream. we are definitely entering a new era with art and the future of artists seem very uncertain. lost a lof of faith in people in general after seeing how insensitive and sometimes celebratory they are towards seeing other's lose their livelihoods. I definitely see AI replacing the majority of art jobs in the near future but I suppose I'll just continue with what I've been doing for the past year until I see myself completely out of job.

2 more commissions I worked on 

DND Commission for client's gf christmas gift
[Image: PVXDwHh.jpg]

"Lefty On the Way" for Alpha Clash TCG
[Image: iA2iAxU.jpg]
Quote: Feels weird getting all these small jobs her and there at the dawn of AI art becoming mainstream. we are definitely entering a new era with art and the future of artists seem very uncertain. lost a lof of faith in people in general after seeing how insensitive and sometimes celebratory they are towards seeing other's lose their livelihoods. I definitely see AI replacing the majority of art jobs in the near future but I suppose I'll just continue with what I've been doing for the past year until I see myself completely out of job.

Yeah I don't know. Part of me is offended by it and part of me is like dang that's kind of amazing. I don't know if it really will mean the end for human artists or not. But either way, it kind of seems silly to just pack up your bags without a fight. I think what makes me sad is that people thought this would be a good thing to automate in the first place. Like why do we need or want this? 

But I guess we'll just have to see.

(12-29-2022, 05:58 AM)JosephCow Wrote:
Quote: Feels weird getting all these small jobs her and there at the dawn of AI art becoming mainstream. we are definitely entering a new era with art and the future of artists seem very uncertain. lost a lof of faith in people in general after seeing how insensitive and sometimes celebratory they are towards seeing other's lose their livelihoods. I definitely see AI replacing the majority of art jobs in the near future but I suppose I'll just continue with what I've been doing for the past year until I see myself completely out of job.

Yeah I don't know. Part of me is offended by it and part of me is like dang that's kind of amazing. I don't know if it really will mean the end for human artists or not. But either way, it kind of seems silly to just pack up your bags without a fight. I think what makes me sad is that people thought this would be a good thing to automate in the first place. Like why do we need or want this? 

But I guess we'll just have to see.

not gonna quit ever. even if it means doign art as a hobby, too bad but I'll still do it then.
Ai retards can have a field day stealing people's art and calling it their own and thinking prompting is a skill and the world can celebrate them all they want, won't stop me from producing art.

One last piece before this year ends
this one is for faction battlegrounds. 1 of 8 cryptid illlustrations i've been hired to do. hopefully next year IC an land some gigs at Magic. that wouldbe a milestone achievement for me as an artist.
[Image: GfKiGK3.jpg]
Make sure you are do thing that would get you notice by wizard that mean include the type of work they would expect to see in your portfolio and make sure you got somewhere where they can find it not just on demand. Where are you posting to get those comission apart from instagram?You can always try to approch them after doing a few piece and say something like ''hey i like what you do i did a few illustration that i think would be perfect for the game''.You can like look at the next set and make up something you imagine would fit that universe that what great with wizard of the coast there an opportunity to imagine because they generally are open with there upcoming expansion and if you know the game something it just revisiting aprevious set so you already have a ton of thing you can take inspiration from and try to push the envoloppe.

I think my only advise would be to push a little bit more those environnement take a bit more time to get a strong composition it what will really give you the edge i believe.Make sure to zoom in & out and make it work for a card format

Good luck and good years to you.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
These are absolutely stunning! Love how dynamic they all look, and very nicely detailed and rendered. Excellent work!