one_two's sketchbook
cgmythology, thanks
another bunch of sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Another great batch of studies! Loving the faces here! My only critique would be the paper you use, the boxes are a bit distracting at the moment and work against your line art so I think you would be better off using clear white paper for the sake of clarity. Keep it going!

cgmythology, thanks, man. well, i kinda like blank paper but use this instead because it's cheap and there aren't many options to buy from where i live.
Some sketches and two pictures i didn't finish.

Attached Files Image(s)

No worries, they're just studies at the end of the day and not finished illustrations so use whatever is convenient!

Nice updates, your latest painting is coming along! Love the solid look you conveyed, looking forward to seeing more progress! My only advice would be too maybe lighten up the mountains in terms of values to give the image a tad more depth!

cgmthology, thanks for stopping by, don't know if i'm going to finish this latest painting, kinda tired of it. Maybe some time later, as for now, some sketches.

Attached Files Image(s)

The proportion might have improve slightly but they still feel to short. The first time i gave you advise on checking proportion your figure was a 6 head now it at 6 1/3 head and the realistic proportion are around 7 1/2.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Beautiful stuff lately, seems your brush strokes are getting more confident, love the latest color sketches

darktiste, you have a point
Midnight Rambler, thanks for stopping by  and commenting

Attached Files Image(s)

The character with the lance is hand holding the lance i find it hard to believe that it holding the lance.To me it Look as if the lance goes through the hand like in a video game of the old day instead of sitting inside the palm of the hand.

I notice the improve on proportion going up so cheer to that.The guy with the lance proportion are hard to determine for me due to the high collar and helmet but they seem to be off or he a giant with 9 1/2 head proportion .Of course no character have to be always of average size but the more your able to give your character the feeling of intentional proportion the better. A trick when it come to proportion and making them clear is to pair two character of different size to indicate a contrast a door frame is also always a good way to indicate proportion in a scene.At tip to make something hulkish is thicker neck such as a gorilla for example you can also look at dinosaur for example for creature you realize that leg get thick due to the weight necessary to support it. You can for example compare the leg of a cheetah and the one of an elephant and make somewhat accurate prediction about how they behave .By comparing different type of character and creature you can find out what make them interesting in term of there proportion.

If you not into fantasy proportion you can always just pick different body type and people of different age.For example a basket player vs a gymnast what make there proportion so different from one an other you can find that sometime proportion follow the function of whatever you try to achieve physically.For example arm wrestler might have a bigger arm than the other one.This add visual interest just enough to create something out of the ordinary.

You can try to find a story behind there individual proportion so that you can remind yourself at the start of a drawing and it also make you want to explore in that realm possibily not just always the same physic not that there anything wrong with preference... but you will thank yourself for step out of the usual i would like to believe.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
two oil portraits I did while studying at Art Academy (2013-2018), first from life, second from ref

Attached Files Image(s)

some more recent sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice updates here! Great values on the recent figures, and really nicely designed as well. Keep it up!

cgmythology, thanks man, here's some more old oils and recent studies

Attached Files Image(s)

I enjoy your sketches, you do a lot of expressive marking of lines and creasing. But, it disappears when you begin to fully render a painting, smoothing and blurring them out. It's like you're more comfortable on your sketches and studies than final pieces. Maybe it's the painting style, it just covers it all up. I have no practical suggestions, it's more of an observation.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
RottenPocket, thanks for the feedback
some more old oil portraits

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice updates here, your two latest oil paintings look on point! I would suggest being more careful when taking pictures of them as they seem to pick up glare and mess up the values a bit when you post them. I'm not sure the best procedure to take the pictures, however so sorry I can't help in that regard :(

cgmythology, thanks, these last portraits i posted are almost 5 years old. There are varnish layers here and there hence the reflection.

Attached Files Image(s)

Happy New Year CD!

Attached Files Image(s)

I love seeing the progress you've made on your pieces over the past year or two. I think color sense has definitely leveled up quite a lot is my first takeaway, and your figures and heads are drawn better also! Really liking how you are going after the multi-figure compositions, those are tough to pull off, but I think you're doing it really well so far.

My main critiques would be that a lot of your edges seem to be hard around the edges of figures and such, I think if you focus on softening edges away from the focal area that could help things blend together into the image better (I would suggest doing some master studies after someone like Velasquez, Rembrandt, Caravaggio, etc. and see how they lose edges in multi-figure compositions).

I think one other area you could improve upon is the stiffness of certain poses. A lot of your figures are very stoic and straight up and down (which I think works in some images, but in others I think they could be more dynamic). I would say doing more gesture drawing and maybe even looking up videos on how character designers do exaggerated poses would benefit your images.

Keep up the awesome work, the improvement is clear!
jeremygordonart, thanks for taking the time and giving a feedback, will do

Attached Files Image(s)