good evening
Hey everyone, I go by Barkeep on most things on the interweb.
but, my name is Mike. I've dawn/painted all of my life. 
I was talented as a kid, and have been a daily drawer for as long as I can remember.
for the last 10 years or so I have been doing digital work.
I started with Autodesk sketchbook 2011 and a mouse, then bought a Bamboo tablet.
then spent 6 years painting on my phone. (various Galaxy Note)
It was my Identity. 
I liked the fact that people couldn't believe that I could pull some of those drawings off on a phone.
- but, I see now that I was wasting precious time. I was never going to get work like that.
I am now learning how to use a full fledged art program. 
I mostly do character work in the Fantasy genre,
superhero stuff, and cartooning.

(I've never touched Photoshop)

I now use a Huion Kamvas 13 and clip studio paint.
occasionally Autodesk Sketchbook.
- I'm very fluent with the mobile version for Android.

looking forward to learning from you all.
Cool, welcome. I'd kind of like to see those phone paintings actually. Never would have thought you could do that.

(12-10-2020, 11:02 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Cool, welcome. I'd kind of like to see those phone paintings actually. Never would have thought you could do that.
here are a few of them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool! yeah those are pretty nice, especially for being done on a small screen. Surprisingly intricate. But I agree with you ultimately, there's not that much sense in painting on a phone when you could just as well use a proper tablet. It's kind of putting an arbitrary obstacle in the way for yourself to overcome. These have some good costume designs, though!

Welcome to Crimson Daggers Barkeep!

Great phone paintings!

You looking to learn anything in particular? Figure drawing or just learning to use a graphics tablet and Clip Studio?

Good luck with your journey anyway :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook