typhoneus's Sketchbook
Late night stuff to clean up and finish, later gators

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh and before I forget, I found PDF's that might be helpful to anyone passing through - here ya go.

How to Draw by Scott Robertson

The Natural Way to Draw by Nicolaides

I did find "How to Render" by Scott Robertson, but I had to download that separately and idk if you can link those.

Like others have said, it would be a good idea to maybe just start studying basic fundamentals like drawing objects in a 3D environment and shapes. Drawabox is a decent first course or Peter Hans dynamic sketching.
(01-16-2021, 01:12 AM)Demon Lizardman Wrote: Peter Hans dynamic sketching.

That sounds like a good one, thanks!

Hey man, I see a real passion here, and you've got a real eloquence about putting your thoughts into words. A lot of people can't do that! The ideas too are awesome. I used to get many more cool ideas I wanted to draw, as I got deeper and deeper into studying and improving the craft, I found the ideas didn't come as readily. Lots of reasons why, but one is definitely the study/improvement loop, that can go on forever really and sometimes detrimental to creativity. I guess I'm trying to say to keep that freedom of thought, keep the ideas coming and keep trying to draw them even if they don't end up how you imagined. Yeah, I gotta get back to drawing stuff without expectations on the result!

Sorry for the ramble! Will check back in in the future!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Thanks for the kind words, Jyonny! Your rambling's fine with me, don't apologize. 

This is my WIP for my COW (Creature of the Week) challenge, I'm hosting them every week - so pay attention to the Community Challenges tab if anyone wants to join!

I don't have enough time to finalize this, but I like the way it's coming out. I'm trying to define the shapes I'm making for better visual understanding. Keep it sharp, daggers!

Attached Files Image(s)

Your creature looks interesting, but it's hard to read the shapes. You should try to set up a perspective grid first, and then carefully draw out your creature. For designs like this, it's probably a good idea to limit details to a smaller area and leave big areas open for contrast.

I also suggest we make the challenge bi-weekly instead to give more people the time to join and finalize their designs. One week is quite a harsh deadline for most people.

Family left for a relative's house last night so I had all day to study chapter 1 of "How to Draw" by Scott Robertson. They're not the greatest, but at least I got it done.

Lines

Attached Files Image(s)

Line segments passing through each other

Attached Files Image(s)

Lines all hitting a center point

Attached Files Image(s)

One point perspective

Attached Files Image(s)

Two point perspective

Attached Files Image(s)

Ellipses

Attached Files Image(s)

I think doing the COW bi-weekly is better idea as well. I'll try for the next prompt.

Great mileage in those studies! I hope you can maintain your momentum!

Stilling working through chapter 3, but I want to do these over. I've been really sick, but I've been trying to keep myself busy.

The boxes look daunting. I'll probably start them later or tomorrow morning.

Done for tonight, see ya later cheesebags. https://youtu.be/7tXZ6RlJw6c

Showing some real perseverance Typhoneus! I would recommend you start with the straight-line exercise again before drawing the boxes, just a single page as a wrist-warmup! I'd also use a pen, which makes it easier to spot your mistakes. As for the boxes, place some points on the page first and then draw the line to connect the points. Makes your linework more confident, and in turn, better.

Keep it going!

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca