Doodles & Stuff
Photo 
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new here so I don't have much to post, but here is two simple portrait sketches I made in ClipStudio: 

Welcome to the forums! Although your drawings are in a very early stage, from the looks of them, they look like they have quite good proportions and a sense of good anatomy even at this early stage. 

I made a small overpaint with a few suggestions. I hope they can be of use:

(02-25-2021, 01:19 AM)Zorrentos Wrote: Welcome to the forums! Although your drawings are in a very early stage, from the looks of them, they look like they have quite good proportions and a sense of good anatomy even at this early stage. 

I made a small overpaint with a few suggestions. I hope they can be of use:

Thanks so much for the advice!
Nice portraits! Seems like you already have a good sense of proportion. I would love to see more of these and eventually painted versions.
(02-25-2021, 09:14 AM)Kassatay Wrote: Nice portraits! Seems like you already have a good sense of proportion. I would love to see more of these and eventually painted versions.
Thanks! I'll definetely keep on practicing!  Thumbs_up
So where's todays loot:

I began by drawing 3 heads. 2 male and 1 female, each one at a diferent angle.

Then I decided to practice my anatomy using the website SketchDaily (pretty cool website but has few pictures Sad). 

30 Seconds

1 Minute

´

5 Minutes (That forshortening tho lol)

10 Minutes (Really happy with these one!)

I'm pretty happy with what I did today, and hope that I can continue this daily drawing streak!  Confident, glad

“I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as drawing.”
"Por vezes, penso que não há nada tão encantador como desenhar."
– 
Vincent van Gogh

These quick sketches look really good! especially the last one. I can really feel the volume. Awesome for 10 minutes.

Thanks Joseph! I tried not to forget the basic three dimensional shape of each body part, and altough it takes a lot of energy and focus, it does pay off in the end.

– 
Vincent van Gogh

So didn't do much today. Kind of a downer, but days like these are bound to happen.

Decided to focus on skulls. Trying to draw them in several angles, both by reference and by imagination.

Also did an open mouth study, because I always draw people with closed mouths (which gets boring lol)

Hope y'all had a better day than me (in terms of practice). See ya tomorrow! Sun

– 
Vincent van Gogh

Where do you get your reference from? Have you seen this resource before: http://referenceangle.com/

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(02-27-2021, 03:56 PM)John Wrote: Where do you get your reference from? Have you seen this resource before: http://referenceangle.com/

Thanks so much for the resource! It's AMAZING! The amount of time I sometimes spend on finding a face with just the right angle is ridiculous!

For the skulls, I used this 3d skull model.

– 
Vincent van Gogh

Long time, no see!

Wee sketch of Kim Pine from Scott Pilgrim. I think it came out cute.
Thinking about working on it more, polishing it and then publish it on DA or Tumblr or something.

– 
Vincent van Gogh

you have a wonderful structural job. Good work.
(03-27-2022, 09:06 AM)gugut2 Wrote: you have a wonderful structural job. Good work.
Thanks mate!!
(03-27-2022, 01:00 AM)Shiruba Wrote: Long time, no see!

Ahhh - Yes - But CD NEVER FORGETS < Cue scary laugh

That VG quote is awesome.  Keep the artwork coming

(03-29-2022, 01:49 AM)Jephyr Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 01:00 AM)Shiruba Wrote: Long time, no see!

Ahhh - Yes - But CD NEVER FORGETS < Cue scary laugh

That VG quote is awesome.  Keep the artwork coming

I sure will!!
Here are some of the pieces I've finished recently. I'm finally getting back on track and making good progress on that alluring portfolio.

I'm decently happy with these pieces, especially the second one. 

What I'm struggling with is that as I'm refining the line work, my drawings lose so much of their energy and appeal. When I'm sketching them, they feel so fresh and alive, but then they become very stunted and boring looking. How do you all deal with this? I know that with time, my line work will improve naturally, but do you have any tips on how to tackle this issue specifically? Thanks!

– 
Vincent van Gogh

I think you want to exagarate your gesture just a notch more so than when you are ''cleaning stuff'' you just get the right amount of energy in there it not a problem necessarily of line art but of gesture.Basically if you take risk you get better chance to end up with something dynamic rather than something that already stiff to begin with.One other thing is don't be boring that mean you want to have curve and line which balance each other. Line weight can probably help give direction to a drawing it a bit hard to explain but yeah... One thing to consider for someone like you who as a pretty simple style with no a ton of detail is expressiveness in everything.I don't know if you been there in the time of stick figure fighting video but let me tell you those thing were simple but they where so expressive in the way they move even in the simplest form and they didn't even have outline which mean the appeal isn't necessarly in a outline some drawing don't even have outline silhouette is a big way to create expressiveness.But enough of my rambling if you don't know the principle of design you probably don't understand what i am trying to say here.

But i can resume it to if you are weak somewhere there is 2 option fix it or compensate somewhere else.But never ignore fundamental unless you intend to in a meaningful and impactful way.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(10-03-2022, 05:37 AM)darktiste Wrote: I think you want to exagarate your gesture just a notch more so than when you are ''clean stuff'' you just get the right amount of energy in there it not a problem necessarly of line art but of gesture.Basically if you take risk you get better chance to end up with something dynamic rather than something that already stiff to begin with.One other thing is don't be boring that mean you want to have curve and line which balance each other. Line weight can probably help give direction to a drawing it a bit hard to explain but yeah... One thing to consider for someone like you who as a pretty simple style with no a ton of detail is expressiveness in everything.I don't know if you been there in the time of stick figure fighting video but let me tell you those thing were simple but they where so expressive in the way they move even in the simplest form and they didn't even have outline which mean the appeal isn't necessarly in a outline some drawing don't even have outline silhouette is a big way to creat expressiveness.But enough of my rambling if you don't know the principle of design you probably don't understand what i am trying to say here.

But i can resume it to if you are weak somewhere there is 2 option fix it or compensate somewhere else.But never ignore fundamental unless you intend to in a meaningful and impactful way.

Thanks darktiste, I'll try to keep that in mind and practice and look into those stick fighting videos ^^!

– 
Vincent van Gogh

You're off to a great start! Your studies are generally solid, and you have a great anime-style feel to your digis. Are you planning on rendering them further for your future pieces (adding shadows and highlights, for example)?