Crimson COW (Week of April 18th)

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, Pubic Enemy

Creature of the Week
»Mythological Beasts«

"You know. Kirin, wargs, gryphons, Paul Bunyan's blue ox. Make your own take on an existing mythological creature or design something all-new. Some overlap with folklore is acceptable."

The best of the COWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next COW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased online assets are forbidden.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • This has to be a creature, but humans can be with the creature. Humanoid creatures are allowed.
  • At least 3/4 of the creature must be visible.
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is May 2nd @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-
I feel like it's not the most original but again I'm using these challenges to stretch my painting muscles after so long away from it. I'll hopefully complete it by Sunday after only starting it an hour ago  Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
That looks like something from the front page of epilogue.net circa 2005 (I say this with an emotion of positive nostalgia). Good start.
wolf with wings is looking cool

was either going to go with morozovas stag from shadow and bone, or chinese phoenix. went with the phoenix
had a much needed weeks break from art so only jumping on this now

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice energy and "swoopy" feeling in that design. Also, good-looking execution of the ink wash painting style with strong line variations. Hope to see a final (sketchy or not).