Crimson CHOW #28 - Mad Scientist

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, Skeffin

Crimson Character of the Week #28
Mad Scientist

"Are they evil or just eccentric ? Do they focus on time warping devices, or do they splice animals together to create abominations ? Maybe they harvest orphans and the homeless from the streets to perform their highly unethical experiments on. Or perhaps their just a willy wonka esque genius who's good at heart. They might be a highly ranked coorpoorate scientist with a pristine lab, or they might run experiments in a dingy basement. Their personality, creations and speciality is up to you. "

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Monday, June 7th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-

He looks super cool and the colours are v nice

Skeffin, thank you! Are you giving this one a go as well? I definately liked your beastly professor, especially with the last details you put in, brought the scene alive!
ah, unfortunately probs not. I want to dedicate some time to hammer down on the fundamentals before I jump back on these. Glad you liked the professor tho, and hopefully at least one other person jumps on this chow

Love the green monsters on the side Ash :) How is it coming along?

I also tried to come with an idea, but felt really uncreative. So this scientist goal is to make bodies glow. I still have to think about the reason why :D

[Image: D5PnJMGl.jpg]
Was inspired by this refrence:
[Image: jn4yzaRm.jpg]

Skeffing, I hear you, these take a lot of time!
Jana, I love the glow idea and you pulled it of convincingly!!

Mine starts to look like a radioactive sewer, but I might roll with it.

Jana: The hands really feel luminous, good work!
Ash: Hey, I like the sewer look. It's bursting with character.
Pubic Enemy, thanks!