sketchbook of kniv3s
Recently started studying composition.

There's a few compositional pictures that I wasn't able to finish. With these I had an urge to draw something big and cool and fancy, sketched it but couldn't pull it off after all. Photobash attempts included.

Critique is always welcome (harsh critique too).

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Grin 
I think you have some really good ideas here. The 7th and 9th one are my favorites, but I also really like the compositions you did on the 13th page. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.
Another Bioshock fan, nice!
Some of your sketches look really epic. I would really like to see a coloured version of the guy starring at the distant mountain(?) with the trees in the foreground, that one is awesome.

(06-02-2021, 12:04 AM)Tank Rat Wrote: I think you have some really good ideas here. The 7th and 9th one are my favorites, but I also really like the compositions you did on the 13th page. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Thank you so much! I'll try my best to post frequently.

(06-02-2021, 01:47 AM)Jana Wrote: Another Bioshock fan, nice!
Some of your sketches look really epic. I would really like to see a coloured version of the guy starring at the distant mountain(?) with the trees in the foreground, that one is awesome.

Oh yes, one of my favorite FPS games!
Thank you. Everything is possible, might as well finish this sketch one day!

Really nice work here, great amount of studies. I think you're concentrating on values at the moment and I think it's definitely benefiting you, don't be afraid to push light and shadow more as well for something a bit more dynamic. Keep it up!

(06-03-2021, 05:01 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Really nice work here, great amount of studies.  I think you're concentrating on values at the moment and I think it's definitely benefiting you, don't be afraid to push light and shadow more as well for something a bit more dynamic.  Keep it up!

Thanks a lot for the feedback!!  Sun I will absolutely take your words into account.

Good simplifaction i just think you need smaller stroke for the chain mail those.Your missing some of the color in the armor which should have a blue tint due to the reflected blue sky color.But it a nice effort for sure.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(06-04-2021, 03:53 PM)darktiste Wrote: Good simplifaction i just think you need smaller stroke for the chain mail those.Your missing some of the color in the armor which should have a blue tint due to the reflected blue sky color.But it a nice effort for sure.
Spot on, thanks for pointing this out. And I felt like editing it a bit after your words!

for now can't seem to be able to choose skin color

painted over one of the thumbnails

Your using some principle of design but your make it to obvious for example the straight path the forest perfectly framing the rock.You also have to make the place look natural that an extra level of control chaos.

Keep going.I think you need more what i call secondary story that lead to the focal point.Like a bird on a tree,some leaf blowing in the wind some foot step those kind of element.

I also think that in term of foreground midground and background you made a to even split.You BG MG line fall almost at the center horizontally.

You also commit what i call the 2d tree line wish mean you put your tree all on the same line to avoid dealing with the perspective don't do that it flatten the drawing.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(06-14-2021, 09:20 AM)darktiste Wrote: Your using some principle of design but your make it to obvious for example the straight path the forest perfectly framing the rock.You also have to make the place look natural that an extra level of control chaos.

Keep going.I think you need more what i call secondary story that lead to the focal point.Like a bird on a tree,some leaf blowing in the wind some foot step those kind of element.

I also think that in term of foreground midground and background you made a to even split.You BG MG line fall almost at the center horizontally.

You also commit what i call the 2d tree linw wish mean you put your tree all on the same line to avoid dealing with the perspective don't do that it.
I see, thank you so much for pointing this all out! Will try to correct my mistakes with the next pic.

training shapes\planes

Great sketchbook you have here. I like the asaro head study. Keep it up. May I suggest adding more edge variation.usually the part in shadow is less in contrast, less defined. You should check Proko"s videos on egg shading.
Excellent work with the planes, those should be really helpful to give your images a more three dimensional and professional look. Keep it up!