Pushin' though hard times.
Blurry pencils sorry. 

More stuff.

More studies.

First try oil portraits.

Cool portraits, can't say much since I'm not an oil painter.
On the right page of arms from june 30th.
The top left one : the biceps doesn't go that high up.

@Gilger: Thanks! I'll try to be more careful when copying from my anatomy book next time. I'll really should invest in more books than just vanderpoel's anatomy guide but its the only book I have that is small enough so I can take it along.

Two more oil portraits. Mushed faces :( Oil is difficult.

My pizza is in the oven quickly update this sketchbook.

digital study.

how do you think your traditional work informs your digital work and inversely; has your digital projects have an effect on your traditional paintings?

Sketchbook 1   -    Sketchbook 2   -   Tumblr
Not bad for a first stab at oils! Tagging onto Jaktraytr's question, I'd like to know the same. Has it given you more insight into color? They scare me because of the whole permanent thing.

@pnate and Jaktratyr: You have get really used to the material. In digital you can just paint over everything right from the get go. In oil is just smudges things up. Sooo the most I've learned from it now is to really think about the brushstrokes you do but I haven't done enough to really say that it got my any further.

Here are some character designs:

Moar stuff.

Sketches

Studies.

Oil stufffff.

back to project stuff.

Attached Files Image(s)

moar stufffffffff.

wow, cool stuff!!!

@kaji02: Thank youuu :D

Some traditional experiments.

Traditional dragon is sweet. I really like those character sketches a few posts up as well. Is that bat thing you studied a figure you've got? Looks badass. I want one haha.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲