Crimson CHOW #30 - Zombie Matador

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, RottenPocket

Crimson Character of the Week #30
Zombie Matador

"This week your character is the defiant, decorated dancer of death. Whether they are fending off the reanimated spectators, or are a member of the unholy army themselves, your character was once a celebrated Matador de Toros. "

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Tuesday, August 3rd @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-
Heck yeah, I was holding out for this one. 

It took me a while to start on it today, didn't make marks until late afternoon which is a shame, but I finally got around to using PureRef and geez is it handy... 

I ruled out a hunter and a few poses, and just going for a tramples/skewered zombie. The costume is going to be the main hurdle but I hope I got the zombie glare right. 

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Here's what I'm thinking I'm going to do. I'm going to try to do a kind of dramatic low angle, and it shows the guy emerging from a grave where someone has been doing some occult stuff to resurrect him. If he's undead, that means he must have been regular dead, first. So I figure I give him an obvious wound where a bull impaled him. Idk if I can pull the angle off, but we'll see. Maybe I could make the arm more foreshortened?

I probably won't fully render it because I don't have time lol. I'll probably keep it kind of like this with the background just being drawn in.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rotten, the zombie glare is spot-on.

Joseph, nice dramatic composition and spooky purple color scheme. Maybe the arm should be more foreshortened, but it looks like it's angled somewhat backward compared to the rest of the body, so it's hard to say.
Made some progress!

Attached Files Image(s)