Egbu draws stuff!
Welcome back dude! Try and do some drawings form imagination/memory to test what you learn from doing studies

Welcome back Miles, glad to see you posting again. The self-portrait looks good, keep doing them gestures. I would recommend doing some more value studies because Satman cover looks really flat. Hope it helps and work hard!

Samsyzm: Yeah have been trying to produce more digital imagination work and drawing scenes from memory
DomSinkevic: Yeah value is a real problem for me, been trying to attack it by doing mostly b&w studies and starting personal work in value

This is pretty much what I have done in the past week, value studies from films(really dig pixar's lighting), cow studies, one animated of the mouth because I didn't really know what it looked like, basically just got a video and animated it frame by frame, interesting alternative to just a normal study), piece with crazy colours is my living room from memory, with some liberties taken, some sketches from imagination, and the piece I am doing all these studies for, an 8 panel comic about a giant cow taking over a city.

And thanks to Nate and Rafa for helping me with the composition sketches for the cow comic, really helped me push it

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
Nice stuff man. That animated study is a really cool way to study that I never thought of before. My advice with the comic would be to pick a better range of values to thumbanil in (5 values: black or almost black, 20, 60, 80, and almost white) the reason I say to use 60 instead of 50 is because it is in daylight, so having 3 in the lights is probably a good idea and also that it isnt a mystery whether it is a light or a dark. This makes you have to be smarter about value structure and more sure with the lighting.

Hope this helps :D