JerryConte's Sketchbook
Hi all. I welcome and will appreciate crits, overlays etc.  Thank you in advance for your time.  Blushing

This is a great start to the sketchbook! I love the subject matter, the colors are great too. My first critique on it would be the hands could use some tightening up (photographing hand reference in this pose would help). Right now they just seem much less polished than the face even though hands are a major expressive part of the body, so they draw a lot of attention. Looking forward to seeing more!

(01-10-2022, 10:15 AM)jeremygordonart Wrote: This is a great start to the sketchbook! I love the subject matter, the colors are great too. My first critique on it would be the hands could use some tightening up (photographing hand reference in this pose would help). Right now they just seem much less polished than the face even though hands are a major expressive part of the body, so they draw a lot of attention. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll take note. :)
Hi JerryConte - nice start here! I think this is an impressive piece - the guy's eyes (the normal ones in his head) look really alive to me and the pink colour really gives him a macabre appearance.

One thing maybe for you to think about is the light direction - it looks like it is coming from directly above so I would have expected part of the front of his jacket to be lit with the tongue and tentacles casting shadows onto it? Hope this is of use - if not please ignore, but in either case - keep going :)

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(01-12-2022, 09:04 AM)Artloader Wrote: Hi JerryConte - nice start here!  I think this is an impressive piece - the guy's eyes (the normal ones in his head) look really alive to me and the pink colour really gives him a macabre appearance.

One thing maybe for you to think about is the light direction - it looks like it is coming from directly above so I would have expected part of the front of his jacket to be lit with the tongue and tentacles casting shadows onto it?  Hope this is of use - if not please ignore, but in either case - keep going :)

Thank you for the comments. I'll take note of your feedback as well. :)
Hi and welcome, JC!

That first post is pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing more

(01-13-2022, 07:24 AM)Jephyr Wrote: Hi and welcome, JC!

That first post is pretty cool.  Looking forward to seeing more

Thank you. :)