DJ's sketchbook
Ok. So after accidentally posting in portfolio section I am moving my sketchbook stuff here.
Let's go...

(09-16-2021, 04:35 PM)jaroslawdzedzej Wrote: Ok. So after accidentally posting in portfolio section I am moving my sketchbook stuff here.
Let's go...

Portrait study of Jim Jarmusch

Great studies here, these portraits look on point. I do think the line quality can be a bit cleaner, might help make things go smoother in the painting process with more confident lines. Keep going!

(09-19-2021, 07:32 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Great studies here, these portraits look on point.  I do think the line quality can be a bit cleaner, might help make things go smoother in the painting process with more confident lines.  Keep going!
thanks. Yup I'm trying to work on stroke quality. I think I do a little better in traditional media which I'm more familiar with. Digital seems a bit clunky still for me. But getting used to the tablet slowly.
I also try  to do some gesture stuff to help me get looser and more decisive in drawing.

Looking good! Dig the Jarmusch portrait, think you captured his essence.
Regarding line quality and effectively putting down basic shapes I can recommend Drawabox.com if you haven't seen that yet. I've gained a lot form those lessons in terms of basic linework and other fundamentals.

Keep it up!

(09-20-2021, 11:38 PM)Midnight Rambler Wrote: Looking good! Dig the Jarmusch portrait, think you captured his essence.
Regarding line quality and effectively putting down basic shapes I can recommend Drawabox.com if you haven't seen that yet. I've gained a lot form those lessons in terms of basic linework and other fundamentals.

Keep it up!
Haven't seen that one yet. Will definitely check it out ! Thanks
Nice work with those gestures, those should be very helpful so I hope you continue to practice them!

As for your latest gesture drawings, try to begin with drawing the line of action and then building up the rest of the figure from that. A line of action is usually an S, C or I curve. I can see that you have started with that on some of those figures, but try to think about it more. It's really one of the most important parts of gesture drawing.

some more daily works
the raven is finished 

the old man w.i.p.

here's how the oldman ame out:

I still find using a simple Wacom pretty tough. It's much better with Huion Kamvas. Still I am trying to do quick studies with it to get used to that one as well.
Quick 60sec hand sketches:
Studies are coming along quite nicely. Are you making them for a specific illustration or artwork? Or simply building mileage?

(11-08-2021, 12:45 AM)Zorrentos Wrote: Studies are coming along quite nicely. Are you making them for a specific illustration or artwork? Or simply building mileage?
for now it's mostly mileage.
I have an idea and some hero character designs for a comic book
and trying to hone up the skills to pull it off.
The story writing is a weak spot for me though, so far I'm reading something about that
and trying my first step in short few panel strips to start small and gradually learn longer forms.
Also have an idea for a short animation (to perhaps introduce the character as 3d - as this is a medium I work with 
on a daily basis) now just doing my first rough animatic for it.

So a lot of ideas but trying to fous them down to something specific, like an action plan.
all of this is quite character centered - that's why I study mostly humans for now.