Deebzie's Sketchbook ¬.¬'
Bug 
Hi!

My name is Deebz and I'm currently a Professional Tattoo Artist. I'm up for a big career change and this little sketchbook will be my Journey to a decent Concept artist Portfolio to show to studios. 

A Little backstory is that I became a tattoo artist after my first stint with trying to acquire a career as a concept artist didn't work out at all. ^^'  My portfolio and artistic skill was not at the requirements I think. So here I am again post Covid in a time where tattooing is just not a stable job for my new little family. I'm gonna crush this  :D

~~~~~~

First off is a few concepts for a race of Amazonian Tortoise warriors followed closely by some timed figure studies. Timings for each one are in minutes next to each study. 

Good to be back on another inspiring art community forum! (Reminds me of the ConceptArt.org days ;)

Attached Files Image(s)

Todays stuff!

Two quickie environments and a rock study.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome, and best of luck with the career change, I'm sure there's a lot of experience in the tattoo profession that transfers - fast turnover, custom requirements, varied designs etc.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
RottenPocket ~ Cheers dude! I'm hoping those skills are a valuable quality for a Concept artist XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gonna be focussing on developing my landscapes and Environment paintings for a little while. I feel it is something that is extremely valuable for a portfolio and honestly I believe my landscapes are severely lacking in quality and design.

I've been following Hardy Fowlers course on Udemy for this painting. Will be showing my landscape studies soon but thought this completely fictional piece would be good as a starting point.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi,

It never occurred to me that tattooists had also been so affected by Covid.

Looks like you have a great start on the concept stuff.

Just keep working at it and posting — you never know when someone will see what your doing (just happened to me recently!)

@Jephyr ~ Cheers dude! I'm hoping a bit of luck swings my way but I'm definitely not relying on it :) I'll keep the work up!

~~~~~
Looks like I've been quiet lol I've not been XD Been working on landscapes, thumbnails, a landscape study (quickie), weapons/props and started teaching myself texturing too!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man,

Your stuff has a lot of character and your thumbnails/compositions are very strong. I particularly dig the tortoise dudes and the environment sketches. Your landscapes already have a good feeling of depth and variety so I'm sure you will improve quickly.

Hope things will start turning up career-wise for you!
@Public Enemy ~ Thank you buddy! I Hope so too!

~~~~~~~~~

Tonight's delights are a bit of creature exploration. Which I will be working more on tomorrow evening :) Stay tuned!

Attached Files Image(s)

More work on the creatures tonight!

Attached Files Image(s)

Great stuff Deebz! i'm really digging the level of polish on your character/weapon sheets.
Looks like you're on the right track to a killer portfolio! Keep em coming dude

Those are really cool designs. Love the one with red kind of acid bubbles

Nice start to your sketchbook! It's great to see that you are trying to produce not just characters, but also props and landscapes! That is extremely important to ensure that you succeed as a concept artist.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you all for the comments :D Appreciate them!

Been a little while since I posted but I have not been sitting on my hands the whole time I promise haha

Attached Files Image(s)

Really nice updates with your latest post! Great weapon and character design. My only suggestion would be to go a bit easier with your highlights in general as they seem to be slightly overdone - much better to use shadows to help define the forms. Solid works otherwise and looking forward to more!

@ cgmythology - Thank you dude! I didn't notice my highlights till you pointed this out, I'll work on my shadow work for sure. :D