knocking some dust off this thang.

just some early morning still life stuff

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Nice red orc there! Is that painted over a 3D model? Its working nicely :D

Really like the studies from observation too, but I'd love to see some extra care with the elipses and the edge management there. It would look amazing :D

Ya ursula I need to get it under control and learn how to install soft and hard edges into my stuff

0 understanding of cloth and fruit lol holy crap man this was crazy

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
i see you are starting to work on the edges, good work.
May this one will help you, keep in mind your lightsource and apply hard edges where the light hits directly, cast light over the shadows, soft edges for the areas with indirect light and lost edges for the areas in darkness.
If you plan to do a master study, i recommend you doing something from Frazetta, he was a master of edges (a master of everything to be honest)

Thanks ed! I'll keep that in mind while i bring this new piece i'm working on the for the league of legends art contest. This is my final sketch of my redesign of the character Blitzcrank. The contest specifies that you need to show one of their characters practicing with one of their new items. Although I think this description is a little more vague then how it is stated. I checked the FAQ link and the moderators example of what kind of theme to do was "where does Teemo (another character in the game) find his mushrooms". This clearly doesn't even involve an actual item that is part of the requirement, nor is the character "practicing" with it.

So this is my tonal arrangement and sketch tell me what you guys think. I would love to get some feedback before I increase the resolution and render the hell out of his arm and the big glove hes got on

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
This is the submitted file for this entry. I felt I wasn't adding anything at one point and the JPG required format made the image come out incredibly dark. Either that or my monitor is really bright and I need to adjust its settings

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
doodle to loosen up in the hangout

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
hotline miami sketch

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
a new weapon i'm working on for the character sniper in DOTA2

I'm going to make an entire set

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Successfully Re-topoligized down to a mere 350 polygons and ported my hard work into DOTA2

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Heyo spring break, time to do a bunch of stuff, starting with finishing this set i'm doing

This is my hat :)

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Hey hey, almost finished :o just need to make some little adjustments

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Wanted to complement on your last post. The 3d model looks great!

Thanks vatteh :)

So i'm having a hard time picking color for the gun I made. Im not a fan of the goofy red and brown crit/advice would be great

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
This updates got shoulder pads :D

so besides this bit of work, I have been wrastlin' with his cape. I made it twice and the second attempt still needs to be rigged before I think about working on the shaders or the color

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Dude, that's a pretty rad model!
If you're having trouble deciding the colorscheme you could check out this nifty site http://colorschemedesigner.com/ :D
That color scheme website is awesome! thanks so much for the link, I picked out a 4 color scheme and cant wait to make everything come together

however rigging issues are what stops me from completing this project lolgodihatethemwithallmybeing

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
HAHA I AM THE GREATEST! (kinda, not really)

I spent 11 hours of my day with this problem, it took me that long to weed out the solution, but I can finally properly rig items. :D

TIME TO FINISH!!!

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim