Paginas y MAS!
(09-22-2022, 03:32 AM)darktiste Wrote: Good consistency in the last few day.Keep going.

Thanks man, of course!
Here's pages from Michelangelo. Absolutely LOVED sketching after him. I loved how strong he made his knee structures connect the upper and lower legs. Will have to give him more study.

Attached Files Image(s)

Various Italian school breakdowns. One is Pontormo I think.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello! Here's some various French/Italian school breakdowns.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello hello! I'll be showing the last of my leg/foot studies this week. Here's some Pontormo and Raphael studies for today. They were off some of my favorite drawings from the guys themselves. By this point I was really getting into the swing of 'getting it'. Still lots to learn and improve.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello! This is mostly from Italian artist Guido Reni, the lower-left is by Giulio Romano. For the latter in particular, I really love how I captured the gesture and and support of the leg. Catching those structures was fun too!

Attached Files Image(s)

Laaaaaaast page of leg/feet studies. There's a bunch I didn't show from what I originally posted. Learned a bunch from these but unfortunately haven't applied it to live sessions as much as I would >_<
Currently on Steve Huston's last chapter of Detail with Light & Shadow. I'll be showing that when I finish it.

The following are from Prudhon, Michelangelo, Rubens, and Da Vinci.

Attached Files Image(s)

Excellent studies, you've captured the three dimensionality of the legs quite well there!

(10-05-2022, 11:45 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Excellent studies, you've captured the three dimensionality of the legs quite well there!

Hi cg! Thanks a bunch Sir! That's always the goal >_<

Happy New Year folks! I finished off '22 by completing my study of Steve Huston's figure drawing book. Much recommended!!! His last chapter dealt with Light and Shadow, def a weak point in my drawing. I learned a lot from this focused study the last few weeks and I hope to make better use of it in life drawing.
The following pages will be, as always, from Old Masters. Enjoy!

Attached Files Image(s)

Howdy!
This page includes studies from Rubens, Rembrandt, and Donato Creti.
 Here, you could see how I 'effed up. The small torso on the right is rework from the mistake of the larger torso above. Issue: Shadow way TOO dark from painting reference, overly-detailed shadow edge, not following the contours of the simple forms with a curved edge. >_<

Attached Files Image(s)

Showing two pages for today: First, copies after Steve Huston's figures from his Light/Shadow chapter. I would always do them after taking notes. Second, are from an Italian artist doing sketches for a battle scene.

Attached Files Image(s)

ooh lookin good! guy on the left in the first one especially strong

Thanks for dropping by my thread!

You're studies here are looking great. You have a lot of commitment here. I wish I could concentrate on this type of study like you are demonstrating here.

Fantastic stuff! Keep up the hard work!

(01-07-2023, 09:28 PM)Damien Levs Wrote: Thanks for dropping by my thread!

You're studies here are looking great. You have a lot of commitment here. I wish I could concentrate on this type of study like you are demonstrating here.

Fantastic stuff! Keep up the hard work!

Hey Damien. Thanks. Your thread inspires me to do more personal work and observational sketches. >_< Def something I'm moving to the next few weeks after this study I did.

Simple form study on an angel carrying a cross from Luca Giordano.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great studies here, you captured the forms quite well with these!

(01-08-2023, 06:06 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Great studies here, you captured the forms quite well with these!

What's up man? Thanks CG, hoping this rendering practice strengthens my forms better.

Volume exploration for a back-view of a torso and other parts. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Upper and lower leg studies along with their most basic form breakdown.

Attached Files Image(s)

A Michelangelo torso study and Italian arm. The arm was favorite!! Torso could use a push in gesture.

Attached Files Image(s)