Paginas y MAS!
A study after Raphael Sanzio himself.

Attached Files Image(s)

Arm of a Saint of past + volume simplification yay

Attached Files Image(s)

Another Saint's arm and back view of a figure by Guilio Romano. Value is too dark and it's hard to see the core shadow. Overall gets point across about separating light from shadow following Steve's exercise. Legs were a fun one. Used Sanguine for those which explains the lighter tones.

Attached Files Image(s)

Figure study after Peter Paul Rubens

Attached Files Image(s)

Light/shade breakdown of an upper arm after Timoteo delle Vite.

Attached Files Image(s)

Last page of my study of Light & Shadow. This is after artist Francesco Furini. It's also a re-do of it. I had done it a few weeks prior when I first started the exercises (it was my second page) but I wasn't satisfied at all. After learning what I did through application, I went back to it and drew it again with the knowledge gained.

Pretty much does it for the self-study of Huston's awesome book. Currently doing a small mentorship and looking forward to just being with my sketchbook and drawing from life for the next few wks/months.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is a host of limbs! I prefer them attached to a body though, when you do quick life drawings and capture the essence of a pose so well.
What motivated you to switch to charcoal?

Those are some good butts

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(01-24-2023, 01:47 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: This is a host of limbs! I prefer them attached to a body though, when you do quick life drawings and capture the essence of a pose so well.
What motivated you to switch to charcoal?

Charcoal provided deeper darks and I could lay-in masses quicker. Especially important as I was learning Light-Shade specifically. Also, it wasn't a huge favorite medium of mine. But as I'm growing, I'm learning to be more accepting of some tools.

(01-25-2023, 06:26 AM)RottenPocket Wrote: Those are some good butts

Hahahaahaha gracias ;)

Completed a sketchbook yesterday. Hardly much on this one (my Light-Shade ones were in a toned pad). Here's some thumbs and live figure sessions.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking great as always, love the emphasis on form and values with your latest updates!

(02-13-2023, 01:30 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Looking great as always, love the emphasis on form and values with your latest updates!

Much appreciated, as always.

Here are some Anatomy studies from Stephen Roger Peck's book and Bridgman ones. Honestly haven't even put an ounce of thought towards Anatomy in a while. Though this did me give the confidence to tackle it properly this year. Last month, just focused on the ribcage, shoulder girdle and pelvis.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some head drawings after Sargent from a mentorship I did. Head drawing is on my sights for this year. >_<

Attached Files Image(s)

Lively portraits! I searched for the original works to see how to translated the medium, but Sargent made a million portraits and some more.

(02-16-2023, 01:27 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: Lively portraits! I searched for the original works to see how to translated the medium, but Sargent made a million portraits and some more.

Hah! They're after some oil paintings he did. The 2nd of Roosevelt is quite well known in the States, commissioned presidential portrait.

Hello! Wow, half of the year gone! Here's some sheets from my latest pad! This is from some museum visits I did looking at Daumier, Rodin, Bassano and a life sketch from a performance art installation.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some general life sketching of people.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sheet of live figure drawing sessions. Somewhat weekly, though would love to do more daily again!

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketch of a buddy of mine who was working on a portrait of me.

Attached Files Image(s)