Sketchbook
These are art studies I did two years ago. These are not all of the studies, I will ty to post all of them soon.
All of my new studies are done traditionally with pencil so I will need more time to post those.

I also tried following fzd on increasing the confidence through drawing organic things to man made things but only made it to animal skulls

Attached Files Image(s)

Don't be shy and message me if you have any questions.
Some really nice stuff here. Maybe take a look at hands for a while.. I like your painting of the tree over hanging the water. I feel like that had very good foundations to be developed. So far loving your sketches and studies keep it up :)

🦇 33 / F / BPL UK
🖤 Imogen's Sketchbook of '22
🖤 ART Instagram
🖤 (NEW) DeviantART
🖤 Social Media Links

Those are good looking rock studies, keep it up! The painted one with value (8 from bottom) could probably use a bit more work, the values seem quite dark?

Thanks. Yeah looking back at the rock painting it is really dark, I think the idea of the foreground being darker than the background is in my head at that time and not really using the reference properly.

Yeah currently creating a schedule of my learning based on dave rapoza's old schedule. There is hands and feets there.

These are the other studies:

You're getting great mileage out of these exercises, and the improvement to your line art and proportions is already showing!
Out of curiosity, what field are you most interested in? By the looks of it, it seems you want to be a Concept Artist?
(06-28-2022, 12:38 AM)Shiruba Wrote: You're getting great mileage out of these exercises, and the improvement to your line art and proportions is already showing!
Out of curiosity, what field are you most interested in? By the looks of it, it seems you want to be a Concept Artist?

Thanks man. These are studies a did 2 years ago and at the time im interested in becoming a concept artist but now Im more interested in character design/character illustration and keyframe illustration.

Where are your new stuff men, the last art you posted is in 2021? Try and post more

Just finished this. Kinda proud of this one the most of the design is from the hand (daredevil), did the pose and construction of the anatomy and everything through imagination.

I know it needs improvement on hands and lowerbody and face so that is what im going to be practicing.

Unreal sketchbook. The roots and the skulls are so satisfying to look at because of your cross-contour work. 

It's great to see you apply your studies with imagination work in the last post also Thumbs_up

Still developing the discipline for study and application process. I also manage to pin point what is my artistic goal or objective(to be a comic-book artist, but for now I am going to be focusing on human or figures)

I've been studying for a couple of weeks now from neck anatomy, upper torso, head and full body figures in simplified form.
This is my application of those studies. 

I am having trouble on the rendering style it takes to long ill be using crosshatching from now on since that is what comic-book artists uses cause it is definitely faster. Also in this study I positioned the external obliques too low and it is too rendered when I noticed it so I just decided to stop and create another application for the studies I've mentioned above.

I will upload my studies soon its just hard because i need to scan every single one of them.

Shit! I dig your stuff, nice job!

Those skull studies are killer, my man. Fantastic line!
Cool stuff! Are the tree/skull studies from reference or life?

(07-14-2022, 04:12 AM)ballpoint Wrote: Cool stuff! Are the tree/skull studies from reference or life?
Thanks man. Just from photos

Nice updates here, loving the tree studies especially, great shapes there as well as general solid linework altogether!