Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hobitt-hole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Love your robot designs. Are those skulls from life? Keep doing those. I see improvement already.
(06-25-2015, 01:55 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: [ -> ]Love your robot designs. Are those skulls from life? Keep doing those. I see improvement already.

Yes they are, thanks!
Your vehicles and robots are pretty impressive!
Really like all the boats, trains and car studies in past few pages :0
Something thatll help improve your heads is do some sketches of your skull from different angles and then draw them again from memory. Do it enough so that you memorize what the skull looks like in profile, three quarter and front view.
Weekly update
@ Adam will do, skulls are always useful to practice.

[attachment=69898]
[attachment=69899]
[attachment=69900]
[attachment=69901]
[attachment=69902]
[attachment=69903]
Weekly update
And with this update i realized  that ive been studying art the wrong way. My studies were for the sake of studies without applying them etc. i wont get into it too much, but now im changing up my approach. Time to start improving, this sketchbook will have a lot of failure in the future but thats the first step to improvement
[attachment=70240]
[attachment=70241]
[attachment=70242]
[attachment=70243]
Got some neat designs Hobbitt, Im not sure how much you enjoy painting that skull(and all those teeth) over and over, but I think its a good idea to really take your time painting something. Thing is, you gotta pick something interesting, might even be a simple object like an apple/lemon/orange. Another, trickier, part is to get into the zone. I think its best accomplished if you really nail the proportions and other foundations of the object and feel ready to move on. Then you just zoom in on photoshop and start looking at the small details on the object, the sub forms. How the highlight behaves, what color and value is it, how saturated(dont be afraid to fix and redo it multiple times, its useful and helps you). Also take not on how the transitions happen, how soft or hard the shadows are. Looking at a lot of your designs, maybe set up a fabric of some sort, or study belts. However if that sounds overwhelming a single fruit is a good start, remember the end result should be of the highest quality you can muster.
@ crackedskull Thanks for the crit!

So ive promised failure and BEHOLD! I have completely changed the way I study and approach art. Here are studies and a piece that I made trying to incorporate the studies I did. And this shall be the approach ill take now,so this means more frequent updates, studies then most likely a personal piece to test my knowledge.More failure coming up!

[attachment=70564]
[attachment=70563]
[attachment=70562]
[attachment=70561]
Master study of Leyendecker, took a while but learned a lot from it will try to apply all that knowledge soon.

[attachment=70903]
That Leyendecker study looks great man. The colors, value and edges are very nice. I think you could focus more on drawing accurately though. Maybe do some bargue drawings and really take your time with placing the lines. It'll really give your work a boost I think.
(07-18-2015, 11:02 PM)Adam Lina Wrote: [ -> ]That Leyendecker study looks great man. The colors, value and edges are very nice. I think you could focus more on drawing accurately though. Maybe do some bargue drawings and really take your time with placing the lines. It'll really give your work a boost I think.

Hey thanks ! yeah after doing the study i realized the value of a properly placed line and linework in general will try to do some stuff to improve in that area for sure.
Fairly quick study needed to find out how exactly an octopus looks like.
[attachment=71005]
(05-06-2013, 10:36 PM)Hobitt Wrote: [ -> ]More anatomy! And now this month i will concentrate on smaller anatomy detail like heads hands feet etc. and perhaps drapery.To stay in shape with the general figure drawing i will do gestures daily and do some rendering practice once in a while and in summer i will concentrate on perspective!

Awesome stuff! :)
@ Nestergen Thanks!
Sketch
[attachment=71267]
Hey man! Nice stuff! :)

I like your character designs, but your lack of knowledge in anatomy is a bit too evident. Be sure to focus on it, so that your other strengths can shine that much brighter :)

Hogarth is my personal preference when it comes to anatomy.
(07-24-2015, 06:23 AM)Othrandir Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man! Nice stuff! :)

I like your character designs, but your lack of knowledge in anatomy is a bit too evident. Be sure to focus on it, so that your other strengths can shine that much brighter :)

Hogarth is my personal preference when it comes to anatomy.

Thanks! Indeed im currently working  on anatomy because it is needs some major improvement , on that note currently im into bridgman didin't like him before but now im slowly starting to get it.
hey!
the master study of Leyendecker is quite nice. Specially on the rendering and colors.
I think Bridgman is good to study from, I like how he blocks the figures, it shows a lot of 3dmensionality. Maybe you could post your Bridgman studies as well.
Anyways looking forward for more :)
@VoodooMama Thanks !

Still life
[attachment=71428]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15