New to forums
Hello there! So this is my first time on a forum based site and I am quite socially inept so please excuse the socially awkward mess of a person. 
   Anyways, about myself, I'm 19 and I'm working on improving my art in hopes of someday making some sort of career out of it. I first started back in sometime around 2008-2009 in my middle school years. However I only recently, as of the past 2 years or so, have gotten serious about my art. After being rejected for a tattoo apprenticeship due to lack of formal art education I decided to go about on my own and teach myself a thing or two about art. 
   I'm looking forward to meeting new people on here and learning along the way ^^!

[examples of the type of art I do]
[Image: necromancer_by_esperanzalucero-da29ko0.jpg][Image: estelle_trevelyan_and_cullen_by_esperanz...a7bdm6.png]
Welcome to The Crimson Daggers EspaMistwalker (nice name by the way :)).

Social inept? Awkward mess of a person? If you really are then you'll fit right in here :) but you sound quite eloquent to me - in which case you'll still fit right in :).

If you seriously want to hone your art skills then you've done the right thing signing up here. This place is full of people studying and practicing their art skills - it is truly a great learning environment.

If you're into character art then you should do a search for Andrew Loomis books - there are electronic versions freely available in the public domain. His books contain some great teachings on proportion, anatomical structure and perspective.

I'd recommend you starting up a sketchbook and posting your studies there as well as having a browse around in other people's sketchbooks - you'll pick up some great study strategies.

Good luck with your journey - looking forward to seeing more of your work!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hi there, and welcome! You haven't done anything wrong except be you, so no need to apologize in advance for anything. :)

As ArtLoader said, starting up a sketchbook is probably the best way of getting drip feeds of comments on your work, and feel free to comment on others' work and engage with the community in general. You tend to get out what you put in!
We also hold a monthly challenge called the Crimson Crucible which you should check out and participate in. You will get some pro feedback on your entries if you do.

If you have any questions feel free to message me or any of the other moderators (with dark blue usernames: Piotr, Mariyan, Smrr, Eduardo) or you can ask anyone at all in the shoutbox on the homepage. Questions tend to get answers pretty quickly that way.

Welcome again :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(07-11-2016, 07:48 AM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome to The Crimson Daggers EspaMistwalker (nice name by the way :)).

Social inept?  Awkward mess of a person?  If you really are then you'll fit right in here :) but you sound quite eloquent to me - in which case you'll still fit right in :).

If you seriously want to hone your art skills then you've done the right thing signing up here.  This place is full of people studying and practicing their art skills - it is truly a great learning environment.

If you're into character art then you should do a search for Andrew Loomis books - there are electronic versions freely available in the public domain.  His books contain some great teachings on proportion, anatomical structure and perspective.

I'd recommend you starting up a sketchbook and posting your studies there as well as having a browse around in other people's sketchbooks - you'll pick up some great study strategies.

Good luck with your journey - looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Thank you!
   Haha, hopefully! I tend to get a little colorful with my wording when I sit looking at my post for almost an hour wondering if I should actually post something ^^;
Ah definitely! I've been lurking around this site for about a month or so and it seems like a good place to be :)
   Actually, I have all his digital copies! they're quite good at explaining things! Although I've only gotten through a little bit of one of them so far since I can't change the color of the page. Which is bothersome at most, it just gives me headaches to look at for long periods of time since I'm almost always online.
   I definitely will be! They seem like a good way to improve and definitely a good motivator! Thank you, I'll be needing it!
(07-11-2016, 08:13 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Hi there, and welcome!  You haven't done anything wrong except be you, so no need to apologize in advance for anything.  :)

As ArtLoader said, starting up a sketchbook is probably the best way of getting drip feeds of comments on your work, and feel free to comment on others' work and engage with the community in general. You tend to get out what you put in!
We also hold a monthly challenge called the Crimson Crucible which you should check out and participate in. You will get some pro feedback on your entries if you do.

If you have any questions feel free to message me or any of the other moderators (with dark blue usernames: Piotr, Mariyan, Smrr, Eduardo) or you can ask anyone at all in the shoutbox on the homepage. Questions tend to get answers pretty quickly that way.

Welcome again :)
 Hello~ and thank you! I just tend to ramble a lot so I thought it was fair warning  Tongue
    Yeah, I'll definitely be putting one up and trying to be more active in the community, it'll be a step in the right direction I think.
    Oh alright, I'll be checking those out once I finish doing some other art challenges and whatnot ^^
    Alright, thank you so much :3!