A question on perspective
I'm studying Scott Robertson's book this month,this is on the page 50.
It says "Be aware that the squares on each of the grids are not the same size,they are just squares"
My understanding is he means that those red squares are not the same sized square,but I think if he duplicate them that way,these might just be the same size.

I wonder whether I misunderstand his words(after all I'm not Eng. native speaker) or the red squares may actually be just the same size,hope someone experienced could help me out,it really confuses me.Thanks very much!

Attached Files Image(s)

If I understand it correctly he established two grids withing the same cone of vision. A greed between the 45/45 Angles (in red) and a grid from 45/CVP. And the squares of the different grids are not the same size.

The squares withing the 45/45 grid are the same size.

(01-11-2017, 05:51 PM)Eyliana Wrote: If I understand it correctly he established two grids withing the same cone of vision. A greed between the 45/45 Angles (in red) and a grid from 45/CVP. And the squares of the different grids are not the same size.

The squares withing the 45/45 grid are the same size.

3ks for your reply,according to the subject of this part,I think there's only one group of persp. grid,and the diagonal line converged to the CVP is uesd to define the first square of the grid.
What's really annoying is that he made 2 diagonal lines into the CVP,the 2nd,like you said,will make the extended squares the same size as the first(closest to us),I think what he meant in his words is he did the rest extension of squares just using random lines into LVP/RVP,but he also made the 2nd diagonal line into CVP...maybe he got used to be pro...
I am still struggling with this book,it drives me a little mad maybe.It's like 3d modeling using your pencil...
I know there's some value deep inside,but getting through all these will not be too easy.
3ks anyway.
Hey bagenew !!! Eyliana said " he established two grids withing the same cone of vision, The squares withing the 45/45 grid are the same size." that's right.

"Be aware that the squares on each of the grids(1point (explained in the previous page)-2 point) are not the same size,they are just squares"

^^.

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
(01-20-2017, 12:47 AM)Abnormal Wrote: Hey bagenew !!!  Eyliana said " he established two grids withing the same cone of vision, The squares withing the 45/45 grid are the same size." that's right.

"Be aware that the squares on each of the grids(1point (explained in the previous page)-2 point) are not the same size,they are just squares"

^^.

If Scott is really comparing the 2-p grid squares and 1-p gird squares on the previous page,then there'll be no struggling understanding such a simple sentence.

I think Eyliana means one of the 45VP and the CVP formed another grid(in the same picture),so I explained that the diagonal line is used to make sure the grid is made of squares.Maybe I misunderstood his words,maybe not.

However,it's not disturbing me anymore,and I've finished almost half of the book now.
And 3Q for your adding the explanation: )