Adzerak's book o' sketches
Thanks there, Tygers! Kinda felt the mage was a bit of a level up as far as my rendering goes, even tho the shadows could use a bit less black as Fedodika pointed out. Shoulda saved the black for the crevices and made the shadows bluer. Aw well, live and learn :)

Just two inkies, traditional and digital. Yea digital ink feels like cheating but eh, piss on thaaaat! *Roberth Baratheon voice*

I like the marine guy, don't draw that many marine guys. Should draw more marine guys. And gals. 
[Image: SoldierOfTheInk.png]

[Image: DLpHqhDWsAABPrl.jpg:large]

Back to some grayscale again, gonna block in some different color moods later for this. 
Also some doodly things of 20s folk, badabip-badaboop!

[Image: Fragments%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bpast_wip.png]

[Image: No-Neck%2BJoe%2Band%2BFriends.png]
[Image: Bunch%2Ba%2Bcrooks.png]

Who needs a neck anyways? ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Fedodika: True! Especially when you have a bulky body and a tommy gun to go with it!

A study of a piece by Krenz Cushart, original here: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/ima...1476599073

Pretty fun to do a water color study of a digital piece. Should do more vice versa however, want some more traditional feel in my paintings!
Also notice how good the original looks on my home pc screen. Did the study at work on a dank laptop screen with bad values and poor colors, aw well xD

[Image: KrenzWIPS.png]

[Image: KrenzStudy.png]

water color study of a digital piece is a really fun idea :D might try
also nice value thumb! Would be interesting to look closer at that flying creature (or mech?) separately as a concept. Just an illustration must be cool too. Looking forward to see how you develop it further.

@Neopatogen: Yea try it! Feels great to get a better grasp at how different techniques can be different yet similar. 
Hear ye on the ship thing, experimenting with making it bigger. Just need the stamina to finish the damn thing!

Here's some stuff then. 

Did a painting for my dad, he likes tapirs and western settings...so... yeah xD
Nice break from the old comfort zone. 
[Image: CowboyDad.png]

Those who've read some or all Wheel of time books might recongnize this as a Myrdraal. My take on them anyways. Wanted to go for a diffuse green-ish background like the one from the Krenz-study. 
[Image: Myrddraal.png]

Long time since I did 30 min spitpaints. Always stresses me out but I feel like doing them reminds me what's important. Strong drawing and composition, not rendering. I tend to want to render stuff before planning it properly, out so doing these kinda kicks me in the ass and reminds me to take it slower, stop noodling and plan more xD

"Frosted"
[Image: Frosted.png]

"Bone saw"
[Image: BoneSaw.png]

Heeeey.. Not much posting from me during the time around the holidays, time to get back into the painting!

another WIP of this magma golem. Think I'm going to see how far I can push it without overrendering and "licking" every inch of it with small strokes. Feedback appreciated :)
[Image: Colossal%2BLeap_WIP.png]

Speedpaints! (30 min)

"Demon hunter"
[Image: Illidan_speedie.jpg]

"Leaking energy"
[Image: LeakingEnergy.png]

Aaaand a little pencil doodle guy!
[Image: HaggardRanger.png]

Yet another wip! I'm in a fantasy painting mode, which anyone who's peeked at this sketchbook before knows is a huge break from the regular...

Actually feel like taking a break from these types of things soonand doing some mood studies of landscapes, like.. winter landscapes, mhmm.. 

Love me some nasty ass beholders tho. 
[Image: BigAssBeholder_Wip.png]

Random speedpaint lizard dude, he looks so happy and stupid. Suck at speedpaints cause I always get stressed out and focus on rendering stuff instead of drawing and composition. Must learn to simplify more heh.
[Image: SnakeSkin.png]

Bro lets see some photo studies come on man, less imagination stuff lets see how far you can get with a reference!

(with just line, no color no shading!)

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Photo studies eh? I often tend to learn a lot when I apply theories and observations to my personal stuff, but I might be kidding myself a bit lol. Observational studies and personal stuff is not mutually exclusive tho so aye, should definitely do some more o' them studies, just been feeling like "finishing" work lately.

A friend who knows his drawing lent me this badboy https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6250...wn-to-life
Looking foreward to improve my drawing with its wisdom, but yeeea I might be able to sqeeze in some photo studies! Any suggestions? Thinking about shaping up on my anatomy drawing..

From what i can see in your recent work you keep making the same mistakes with the structure of the head/proportions,form etc. I think you've pushed yourself as far as you can efficiently go without some observation to supplement your efforts.

I'd reccomend getting used to laying in the planes of the face correctly for one, make sure the features arent sliding into no mans land, and practice just generic lay ins to make sure you get the perspective right from every angle. Also learn neck anatomy, and how the sternomastcloid leads in from the front and the trapezius from the back.

Try hampton, hogarth and loomis head drawing methods my man best of luck!

Oh and as far as photo studies, just simplify the planes of the face from photos after you've done some of the above stuff, dont worry too much about features like noses eyes etc. just placement

Thanks for the crit, Fedodika. Needed to hear that since I've been neglecting sharpening my anatomy-skills for quite some time. Gonna dive back into those books and do more drawing in general in the near future...

But... Yeah. Still set on finishing some half-done paintings. 

If I read this myself after a month or two and still haven't gone back to tuning them anatomy skills, I will feel proper ashamed lol. 

anyhow, beholder is done now I guess xD

[Image: BigAssBeholder.png]

I love the imagination work. The magma golem is my favorite, with the armored lady swooping around. The archer looks like she isn't aimed to hit it. You might even leave her out and focus on the two main opponents.

Sketchbook

Thanks Tygerson, have listened to some older crits about me never finishing works so I guess I'm kinda in the mood for it now. As for the golem: indeed! Did a quick version of it with more warriors but naw, one on one seems like the way to go with that one :)

Here's a WIP of that line art lizard I did on the page before: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QDPa8fpcNwI/W...ber_02.png
Changed the face and weapons, gonna see how far I can push it. 

[Image: RedLizard_WIP2.png]

The dragon is looking awesome! Grit your way through it!

Sketchbook

Thanks tygers, will try to push it moooore!

Ugh, wanted to get more serious drawing done but haven't really drawn or painted that much recently. Family crisis stuff got in the way so have a hard time to focus, but aye.. Trying to not be too much of a ghost on here :) I'm still alive. 

More polish, tighten some edges, render out legs and tails some more...
At least that potion looks less like a fucking christmas decoration now lol. 
[Image: RedLizard_WIP3.png]

The materials are starting to look distinct there, especially the metal and the potion.

Hopefully life will settle down. If life throws disruptions, sometimes I think it's good to gear down to your comfort zone. If it's a major crisis...well, life first!

Sketchbook

Coming along great man! Great work on the reflections. I'd look into introducing more asymmetrical elements into the pose since it alls seems to be following the perspective lines you set down in the beginning. Painting more flow into the tail would be a cheap way to fix it if you don't want to redo things.

There's nothing wrong with painting less, especially when things out of your hands happen. Hope everything is under control man.

Bjulvar: Thanks mah duuude! I will fix that tail when I continue on'im, gonna make it more dynamic and all!

Tygerson: Yea want to push it a little bit more to add some extra finish to stuff :)

Went to London town https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6hF3EaICxk
and did a bunch of drawings and doodles of people on busses, underground and queues to museums. Was fun to try and capture some of their essence in such a short time. Should do more of these on cafés and such.. hmm, should attend more cafés just for that lol. 
[Image: compilations%2Bfrom%2Blondon.png]

Some water color stuff too. Thumbnail studies of some Lars lerin work, a swedish water colorist. He's awesome.
[Image: WaterColor_LerinAndRandomShit.png]

Try to dose the amount of water on the brush and be patient to let it dry when you working in the shadow area

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.