Adzerak's book o' sketches
Sagittarius-A-star: Thanks! Improvement is going slow sometimes, but it's going!
Hear ya about the shading! Most of those are done rather messy like on-the-go in a small sketchbook and thus they can become more scribbly than I'd like. I do however prefer a more meaty scribbly shading style over a smooth gradient one. Always room for improvement in shading area tho, so thanks for bringing it up ;D

Been away from my dear tablet for such a long time now. Like, a month. Was busy celebrating christmas, getting sick and also mugged by 4 guys with knives and stick batons. Not a great time. Glad to be here free from disease and stab wounds and drawing more again :) Got an Arseload of WIPs that need some serious finishing.

I dared to make a watercolor study based on a piece by one of my favorite artists. The King of Chunky Style, Ruan jia. Turned out better than I thought it would, tricky to get the colors right. The drawing is off too, only did the one try cause I didn't want to make the fine paper I had all graphite polluted by erasing and drawing again. Original piece: http://www.iamag.co/features/itsart/wp-c...0Jia-3.jpg
[Image: RuanRIP.png]

More o' them scribbles!

[Image: CrookedDwarf.jpg]
[Image: OldGuy.jpg]
[Image: PotionbringerRatman.jpg]
[Image: faces_04.png]

Did a fanart of the Witcher. Then I realized I wanted to change the lighting 'cause it's supposed to be night!
Was a real chore, but learned something along the way.. At least I fucking hope so! xD

[Image: WitcherVsWraiths_OLD.png]

[Image: WitcherVsWraithsTrueFINAL.png]

Awesome water colour! I really like the painterly look.
And good job on the transformation from 'day' to night. I like the extra contrast, but I think his face is on both a bit too dark. I would like to see more of it.

Great stuff, that lighting looks very nice.
How long have you been painting to get to that level?
Did you use any reference?

I'm asking because my imaginary stuff sucks donkey a$$ compared to my studies..

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
Hi man,
thanks for dropping by my sketchbook.

I have to say that some of your quick personal stuff is really interesting and the lighting and colors are mostly pleasing. Sometimes they go a bit desaturated in the lights, where they wouldn't have to. Also you could add more color variation to your pieces. just introduce similar colors into those big shapes here and there. Also I like your pencils and watercolors. I am doing watercolors myself and I suck at it. Your pencils are good on the value side of life, but your drawing lacks construction. also you seem to do a lot of fast, squiggly, short lines. Try to have more longer lines to increase the range and variety of lines in your drawings. basicly add variety in line and color haha

keep it up

Please help me getting better by checking out my sketchbook

HOMEPAGE http://floart.weebly.com
@Eyliana: Thanks! The painterly look was really what I was going for, since the original has an amazing painterly feel to it. And ye, who wouldn't like to see more of Geralt's face, but I really tried to push the values so it would be a darker, more mysterious lighting to the character. The values might be a bit too dark tho!

@nutriman: Hmm well. Been drawing off and on since my teens. But about 5 years ago I began to draw and paint more seriously.
Only reference I used was images of the character Geralt and the wraiths from the game, but should really learn to start using reference for all sorts of stuff in these kind of paintings, to broaden my visual library. When I was younger I kinda saw references as something dirty lol, like, if it wasn't drawn purely from imagination it was just copying and that was lame. Obviously that's not true , but sometimes I still forget xD

@Flo: Thanks for the words! I guess I tend to automatically go more desaturated in paintings now a days since I used to make stuff a bit too saturated. But yea, color variation is definitely something i'm working more on.
Hear ya on the lines. Mostly i'm just etching away in my A6 moleskine while I'm taking breaks from work or standing about. They often tend to lack a lot of focus, and it's hard to get that nice swooshy line due to that tiny space. Good critique dude, now you make me want to pick up a pen and draw on bigger papers to improve my lines ;D

Anyhows, a buncha spities and a mediocre study.

"Shadow elves". Pleased with the composition is this one. Getting a bit better at thinking about composition in these types of things (hopefully in general) instead of just hammering away with lines and/or values.
[Image: ShadowElves.png]

"No answer" 30 mins needs more simplification heh
[Image: No%2BAnswer.png]

"Memorial"
[Image: Memorial.png]

"Heart transplant" Dunno if this is tragic or empowering. Something I guess.
[Image: HeartTransplant.png]

"The brave knight" DS3 GOTY
[Image: TheBraveKnight.png]

"Immortal"
[Image: Immortal.jpg]

Wanted to do a study of a face, and maybe like..some metal too. Yes. Joe it is.
[Image: Immortal_Immortan.png]

Sketching!

Really like trying to make it interesting with two values
[Image: JesterBW.png]
[Image: Deers.png]

Trying a new gesture approach for me. Drawing the torso and hips as bendable 3d rectangles and then inserting the limbs from there. Guess it's helping me think about the planes of the body, real simplified. Especially when im doing them from imagination like this.
[Image: NewGestureApproach_01.png]

Some graphite renders straight from the pocket!
[Image: PonderingMage.jpg]
[Image: FeederBleeder.jpg]

Awesome work here! The first post I saw was an Angelic Bard? That made me laugh, fantastic stuff.
Great pencil drawings!

Wow how come I've never seen your SB?! You are really good at pencil drawings. I love the watercolor at the top of this page, even better than the original in terms of color choice :)
The only thing I have spotted is that in your "Shadow Elves" painting the elf that is standing behind looks kind of merged with the background (her head especially) because of the same value range probably.
I would like to see more of your works. They are interesting and very good!

@Legion Brewer: Heh thank you! That old angelic bard was a rendition of a friend's character she wrote. He had these angelic wings although he was a demon, he did it to mock divine beings or some such. Kinda cool xD

@[b]BrushNoir: Thank ye, I do love them pencils :)

@PurpleScissors: Well, I haven't updated in a while so I guess I was easy to miss. But thanks for the words there, the water color study was a bit of a frightening undertaking but a real great way to learn.
As for the elves, I was going for a hidden edge type of thing, so I actually wanted it to be obscured into the background like that. Maybe it became a bit TOO merged eh? Still experimenting xD

So. Nothing here is finished, just a bunch o' wips. Feels kinda nice to work on many pieces at the same time tho, apply new stuff to them as I learn more. Any thoughts on them are welcome of course :)

Was an older version of this on the previous page. The Builder Mage. Guess his design and the look of those floating blocks are subject to change before I'm through with this
[/b][Image: BuilderMage2WIP.png]

Now, this one doesn't say WIP on it. But oh man, it's a bloody WIP alright. This was the original idea for that witcher picture and I thought, hey, it has some potential so I reworked it some and kinda like the mood here. Must work more on it.
[Image: GhostWitcherWIP.png]

Another undertaking. This here is a kind of fanart for the members of The Podquisition. Jim Sterling wielding his purple dildo, Gavin "Miracle of Sound" Dunne with his booming voice and of course Laura Kate equipped with a posterior shield and some kind of buttmace. If you like weird humor and gaming news and such, definitely check out these guys. They entertain me every week so felt they deserved some kind of epic fanart haha. Must remember not to render everything too much heh, easy to lose track of those focal points.
[Image: Podquisition_DungeonCrawl.png]

For this one, I'm not sure about the color choices for her armor. Maybe I'll change around the environment some to make the armor stand out more. Also want to avoid doing orange/blue type of color contrast. It looks good so tend to do that a lot ;P Also so I won't forget: Change the gesture of the hand holding the skull so it looks a bit less "to be or not to be".
[Image: HandAugWIP2.png]

An ancient mecha covered with snow and discovered by some explorers. This one is most subject to change I think. For one, the mechas legs should be visible to make it more clearer what it is, so need to change the whole composition around some.
[Image: AncientMechaTheSecond.png]

I´m really digging your compositions, specially your third one on the last post.

Hey dude you alright?

How is studying going?

I can see your progress there so awesome!

Whats you goal to learn next?

Keep the head up and enjoy drawing buddy !

RickRichards: Thanks :) That composition feels so tricky, glad you liked it. Must try to not muck up the painting now heh.

Janos: Ey man! Mostly focusing on trying to finish some pieces that will hopefully do as portfolio work for the time being. Trying to study by observing as I work on them, trying to improve my compositions now mostly though.

Three 30 min speedies and some random painting of a sword girl. She was gonna be very Dark Souly first but then it just kinda turned out different.

[Image: BladeCarrier.png]

"Borrower"
[Image: Borrower.jpg]

"Dark fairy godmother"
[Image: DarkFairyGodmother.jpg]

"Sinister grin"
[Image: SinisterGrin.png]

Loving the first and last ones. It's good to see a woman having a decent armor. It looks gorgeous, honestly. I think I will maybe try to do my character on the next Dark Souls III as her.

And the last one, woho, Indiana Jones vibe! Just, more terrorific!

As a beginner there is not much I can say, you have great sense of atmosphere, great composition, only thing is that I would like to see the pieces being more detailed but life is first and besides, those are speedpaintings after all!

Great job! :D

would you like me to improve? check my SKETCHBOOKKiss
wasgodx: Yea gotta love a woman with decent-ish armor. In retrospect I kinda regret not making it even heavier-looking. Thanks for the comments btw. These speedpaints and sketches are things I post in between working away on portfolio pieces, and yea, don't want to post a bunch of WIPs all the time xD

So... No WIPs! Bunch a sketches and 30 min speedies.
Been such a long time since i sketches about on A4 size paper, not just my small moleskine. Felt good for sure, doodling about.

Hmm. Damn these turned out small. Aw well, no matter, most of them aren't very good xD Just uploading what I'm mucking about with.
[Image: CompilationOfSketches_02.png]
[Image: Gatherer%2Bof%2BLimbs.png]
[Image: DragonHalf.png]

[Image: AdvancedCavePainting.jpg]

[Image: AdvancedCavePainting2.png]

[Image: SinisterGrin_2.png]

[Image: ThothSouls.png]

Update of a pic and some 30-min wankadoodles for you! (spitpainting and simplifying sure is tricky)

"Trying to keep warm"
[Image: Trying%2Bto%2Bkeep%2Bwarm.jpg]

"Lost in the jungle"
[Image: LostInTheJungle.jpg]

"Unknown specimen"
[Image: UnknownSpecimen.jpg]

The eternal Witcher-picture. At least it has changed a lot since last time, and for the better too I believe. Just needs a bit more rendering on Geralt, make the ghosts more smooth and hollow and then some fine-tuning of contrast and edges. Have a tendency to render evrything equally too, and have the contrast and dynamic of the image suffer because of it. Have to keep it from happening here!
[Image: GhostWitcher_WIBBU.png]

Haven't updated in a long, long time. So here's some stuff. More to come, working on finishing more paintings. 

Got a job as a art teacher and it's pretty demanding now in the beginning. Mostly want to sleep when I get home xD But no, they cannot kill my creativity! (on the contrary, it's inspiring.. but, ye tiring)

Learned a lot working with this. Overall I do consider it a failure tho. But hey, "getting by" is worse than failing so at least I can learn from this now and move on to new stuff!
[Image: GhostWitcher2nd_FINAL.png]

Spitpainting 30 min. A bit of hammer down!
[Image: HammerDown.png]

Been missing sketching about with graphite pencils. Back at it again :)
[Image: Faces_05.png]

[Image: AugCouple.png]
[Image: TrenchcoarGundude.png]
[Image: SquidfacedSpellcaster.png]

Oh. Been away from ol' daggers from far too long. Busy being a teacher and a regular dank human. New inspiration found so must start producing more. Sooo more to come soon :)

Some more work on that old CROW
[Image: WingedShipsnatcher_final.png]

[Image: AquaMarine.png]
[Image: RedWizard.png]
[Image: WalderTheGoblin.png]
[Image: Symbiosis.png]

Hey nice to see a CD old timer making a come back - and with style too :).

I'm loving your painterly style and your lighting. Also you sure know how to use water colours!

Looking forward to more Adzerak!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook