critique wanted
I would love some tips on what I can do to improve this.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good you took the last comment and applied it which show you have actual intention to take critism.Ok now you use a brush stamp and over use it to much which can happen we when we artist get excited with new brush.My new advise is step back from doing creature design with background for a while and go focus on learning some perspective and your work will look even greater.I also think you would greatly benefit from using reference to complement your work.

If you asking for critic is probably that you enjoy progressing.So my advise right now would be to study creature and transfer that knowledge into your work.This mean researching there habit and understanding there anatomy and alot of drawing.

I got a lot of advise on creature design if you want book or video suggestion you only have to ask.

The image i attached is to show you that a good understanding of volume will help you alot when it time to put light and shadow on your creature.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-13-2021, 12:24 PM)darktiste Wrote: Good you took the last comment and applied it which show you have actual intention to take critism.Ok now you use a brush stamp and over use it to much which can happen we when we artist get excited with new brush.My new advise is step back from doing creature design with background for a while and go focus on learning some perspective and your work will look even greater.I also think you would greatly benefit from using reference to complement your work.

If you asking for critic is probably that you enjoy progressing.So my advise right now would be to study creature and transfer that knowledge into your work.This mean researching there habit and understanding there anatomy and alot of drawing.

I got a lot of advise on creature design if you want book or video suggestion you only have to ask.

The image i attached is to show you that a good understanding of volume will help you alot when it time to put light and shadow on your creature.
thank you so very much, and yes I do have an interest in the book and video suggestions. Anything to help me progress with my art would be greatly appreciated Smile

A good starting point if you had any formal art training.
You got the exercise on the side if you scroll down.
Start by doing all the exercise you can and you get more out of this if you don't rob yourself and do all the exercise.

https://drawabox.com/lesson/1

For more advance concept and digital drawing learning content

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library

This should be more than enough for now.But trust me you get nothing out of watching video it doesn't directly translate into amazing drawing skill so don't get discourage and keep drawing.That gonna be the hardest thing to do.Because soon your eye will see alot more error than previously once you start to understand the common mistake you been making.

Remember you only get as much as you put in.Good luck.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-13-2021, 03:10 PM)darktiste Wrote: A good starting point if you had any formal art training.
You got the exercise on the side if you scroll down.
Start by doing all the exercise you can and you get more out of this if you don't rob yourself and do all the exercise.

https://drawabox.com/lesson/1

For more advance concept and digital drawing learning content

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library

This should be more than enough for now.But trust me you get nothing out of watching video it doesn't directly translate into amazing drawing skill so don't get discourage and keep drawing.That gonna be the hardest thing to do.Because soon your eye will see alot more error than previously once you start to understand the common mistake you been making.

Remember you only get as much as you put in.Good luck.
Thank you so much!

Hi! I see you wanted to show that those people far away from viewer get smaller due to perspective, that's good! Be careful here, though. See, you have figures standing more or less in thr same line but they are too different in sizes. The group in the left upper corner looks too tiny, like they are children or gnomes :D

Another important thing I noticed is that the creature has a distinct top view while people are in different plane. My guess was that you planned perspective in which people are depicted so here I tried to fit the creature in it. https://imgur.com/a/25WkU4f

I struggle with perspective, too. I find it very helpful to imitate drawing scene on the table next to the monitor. Like you could take box(creature) and put small boxes(people) or any other small things around it. You can make boxes of paper if you don't have any.